1.6 . a ginger menace

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"THE MOMENT HAS COME. THE Triwizard Tournament is about to begin."

       The majority of the students in the hall had finished their meals by the time Dumbledore began his speech and turned their heads attentively to the Head Table where the Headmaster stood at the podium. 

       "I would like to give a few words of explanation before the casket is brought out. First, allow me to introduce Mr. Bartemius Crouch, Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation, and Mr. Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports."

       The two men rose for a moment from their added seats at the Head Table, whilst the students applauded in the pause of Dumbledore's announcements.

       "Mr. Bagman and Mr. Crouch have worked tirelessly on the arrangements for the tournament, and they will join myself, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime on the judging panel of the events."

       At this moment, Filch came stalking forward with a scowl as he carried a large, jewel-encrusted chest and placed it in front of the headmaster.

       "Thank you, Mr. Filch," Dumbledore continued. "The instructions for the tasks have been examined by Mr. Crouch and Mr. Bagman and they have made the necessary arrangements for the challenges. There will be three events, spaced throughout the school year, that will test the champions in a multitude of ways- their magical prowess, their daring, their powers of deduction, and their ability to cope with danger."

       Gaia was sure she heard Harry let out a very quiet, "Hmf."

       "Of course, there will be three champions in this tournament, one from each school represented. They will be judged and marked on how well they perform each task and the champion with the highest total at the end will be the victor. These champions will be chosen by an impartial selector; the Goblet of Fire."

       Dumbledore took out his wand and tapped the lid of the casket in front of him. The students watched in mesmerization as the lid opened and the headmaster removed a large, smoking goblet with an eerily inviting blue glow to it.

       "Anybody wishing to submit themselves as a champion must write down their name and school on a slip of parchment and drop it in to the goblet before this time tomorrow evening. At the Halloween feast, the cup will give us the names of the three most worthy of representing their school. Until then, the goblet will remain in the Entrance Hall for anyone wishing to compete. To ensure that no underage students submit themselves, I will personally be drawing an age line around the cup forbidding anyone under the age of seventeen from crossing.

       "Finally, I wish to impress upon any of you wishing to compete, that this tournament is not to be taken lightly. Once a champion is selected, they are obligated to see the tournament through to the end. Placing your name in the goblet constitutes a binding, magical contract that allows for no change of heart once selected. Therefore, I ask that you be very sure you wish to compete before submitting yourself as a candidate. And now, I think, it is time for bed. Goodnight to you all!"

       The students stood noisily as they filed out of the Great hall in deep conversation.

       "An age line?" Gaia heard Fred Weasley exclaim, "That shouldn't be too hard to fool."

       "But no one under seventeen will even be qualified enough," Hermione pointed out. "We aren't as equipped to succeed. It would be foolish and dangerous to try to trick your way in!"