Chapter 11

Just as a warning, this chapter is not going to be proff read so any mistakes are mine and I'm writing this after being up all night.
**************************************
Maya's pov

I sat on the couch feeling numb as the two detectives left Roes house. My head swimming with partial memories and scenarios of what could happen.

"Maya, how are you feeling besides the anxiety?" Monroe asked me while bringing in two coffee cups from the kitchen and knowing my brother they were either going to be filled with tea or hot chocolate.

"Numb, I don't really feel anything emotionally but I have this tightness in my chest like someone is grabbing my heart and is putting pressure on it." I told him with my face downcast and a hand resting on my breat bone almost as if I could reach in and stop the odd feeling.

"May, I think that it might be a good idea for you to possibly see a therapist or a counselor for someone who has been in your position before. It doesn't have to be today or even this week but I want you to look into it. Just to see what's out there, you don't have to starting seeing someone right away, I know that you aren't going to be comfortable with that right away. It's just a suggestion but one that I think that you should think about." My brother told me in a calm voice after he handed me my cup full of chamomile tea, one of my favorite types.

"I was already thinking about that, I don't want to jump head first over anything but I do want to do some research, I know that I can't go to one that is Christian counseling, I don't follow the Christian faith and I have a feeling that it would just be awkward talking to someone and them trying to understand my struggles when they can't get over the hang up of my religion." I said, thinking about a person that I went to school with who had that exact issue and experience.

Monroe nodded at my thought and sipped his tea, possibly thinking about something else that either delt with me or with a clock knowing him and the numerous clocks that he had inside his house.

"Hey, what about..." Monroe was starting to say but was interrupted by the pounding of the door.

"Open up, I know that she is in there!" Our so-called father bellowed out from behind the door.

Both Monroe and I blanched as we heard his voice, Monroe looked at me frightened and pissed at what just occurred.

"Go up stairs, lock your bedroom door and call Nick from my cellphone, I know that you will be uncomfortable but just do it, I don't know how long that the door will last or how long that I will be able to hold him off." Monroe whispered to me in a stressed tone.

I grabbed his phone and quietly as I could, I ran up the stairs but not into my room but in to Roes room, locked his bedroom door and huddled down into the farthest corner in his closet. I unlocked his phone and looked through his contacts for Nick or Burkhardt. I found the contact and hit call.

"Monroe, what do you need, I just left your place about 30 minutes ago?" Nick asked in a kinda odd tone

"This isn't Roe, our father is here banging on the door, trying to get to me, I'm in roes room barricaded in the closet. We need you here as soon as possible." I whimpered into the phone while listening to the yelling and fighting down stairs.

"Stay there, I'm going to be there as fast as I can." Nick almost shouted into the phone as he hung up.

I hunched back with one hand clasping the phone like a lifeline and the other covering my mouth with all my might, trying my best not to make a single sound that would revile my hiding space.

**************************************
I'm going to leave it there my little dragons. I apologize about the late update, I just did my stna test on Saturday and now I am going to have more free time to type and hopefully finish this story.