Chapter 10

Nick's prov

When I got back to Monroe's house, I stopped and thought about what I had heard. This young lady, the younger sibling of one of my friends, has been through so much shit. She has been abused by her father, a person in her life that's supposed to support and protect her, not break her down and harm her. I walked inside and sat down in the livingroom chair.

"What did you see? Is she ok?" Hank asked me after I sat down.

"Hank, she has been through so much. I think that something more happened but I'm not sure how to ask about it." I said to him in a quiet voice, while running my hand through my hair.

"Why do you say that?" Hank asked.

"I know that its normal for a person who has been abused to shy away from people of the same sex as the abuser but, running away from certain situations is also a sign of sexual abuse." I told him, remembering that fact from a seminar that I had attended about a year ago.

"Are you sure? How are we going to ask those questions?" Hank asked in rapid succession before standing up and starting to pace.

"I think that we should ask Monroe about the subject first before even thinking about approaching the subject with Maya." I told him after I had stood up to stop his pacing.

After about three hours, Monroe and his sister returned. They were silent but it seamed that they were more relaxed, especially the sister.

"We are ready for more questions." Monroe told us with his arm around Maya, who looked pale and ready to run again.

"Umm, Roe, I'm not really ready to answer any more questions at the moment, to many memories and anxiety with them." Maya spoke out with her head down and an arm wrapped around her abdomen.

"Alright, I understand, we will continue this another time when anxiety and the feeling of the need of running away when certain things are brought up." Hank told them with a soft smile on his face so that he would seem reassuring.

"Also, we think that it would be a good idea if you started talking with a therapist in order to deal with any and all problems, and setting an appointment with a doctor on getting prescriptions for PTSD and depression if that's doable." I added with concern in my voice for both parties involved with what was going on.