Chapter 8

Nick's prov

"Hey, we have a new case. I'm not sure all of the details, but all that I know is that it involves Monroe somehow." Hank told me while he was putting on a leather jacket.

"I wonder if this has to deal with that girl that called him last time we were over," I told him, musing about what we were going to deal with.

"Are we meeting anyone there or are we flying in blind?" Hank asked.

"Burkhardt, Griffin, I need to speak to you." Captain Renard bellowed out in the bullpen.

"Let's go see what the captain wants," I said to Hank while we were heading over the captain's office.

"Sit, we have a bit to discuss with the new case that you were assigned to. From what I understand, Monroe has a little sister and while he was living here, his father and the uncle that they lived with were abusing Monroe's sister who's name is Maya. Maya came to live with Monroe and Rosalie. Monroe and his sister decided that after a nightmare that she had the other night that it was time for their family to pay the price for what Maya went through." Captain Renard told us while he was leaning over his desk, as a way to show us that is the case is our first priority.

"Understood, captain. Why are you having us take this case, there are specialists within the station that can handle this type of case?" Hank asked, confused about why they were being called in, instead of the trauma specialists.

"She is a blubad and was abused, why do you think I gave this case to you to?" Captain Renard said with a blank face, most likely thinking about how dumb my partner could be.

"Ok, we will head to his house soon. Is there any other information about the situation that we should know about?" I asked the captain.

"Yes, she doesn't like to be touched in any way by someone that she doesn't know. From the abuse that she went through, she developed a fear of men." The captain told us.

We walked out of his office in shock about what a child had to go through.

"How could someone do that to their own child, I wonder if Monroe would be opposed to Maya going through counseling?" Hank asked me as we were making our way to the car.

"I don't think that he would be opposed to the idea, I think that we would have to talk to her and Monroe about the idea and see what they say." I told him, running the possible outcomes through my head.

We got into our vehicle and made our way to Monroe's place, wondering about what we were going to face when we got there.