eleven

Wafa has never been so terrified of anything in her life as much as she was of getting close to Shahzaib. Which was getting a little too much these past few days. She couldn't sleep last night. With all the overwhelming emotions that she felt because of him as he carried her to their room.

He was becoming such a significant part of her life in such a small time and that was terrifying her so much. What if this all ends as soon as it began? A little corner of her heart couldn't help but worry all the time.

But she reminded herself of his grandmother, Aliyah's words. She has asked her to be optimistic and patient with Shahzaib. And Wafa was going to do exactly that. It's going to be hard, but at least she has got to try.

"Can you believe it, Wafa? We will be moving out tomorrow. Like finally!" Shahzaib exclaimed while wearing his blazer, he looked excited and happy about it. She glanced at him through the mirror whilst brushing her hair.

She felt sleep-deprived because of last night but he looked as handsome as ever, dressed in a three-piece suit. Shahzaib was going to attend his cousin's engagement while she was going to attend her best friend's engagement.

It's so funny how both of them are happening on the same day.

They were finally moving out though. It took them almost three weeks to get everything ready for his home, everything happened in a very short span actually. And she was just as delighted for him to move out. But the thought of leaving her mother behind was making her sad. Eshal made it clear that she won't come with them. They tried persuading her so much, but her answer was always no. Her mother was stubborn like that.

So that's where Wafa gets her stubbornness from.

"Yes and I'm still mad at you, all the house staff were teasing me endlessly today," She replied while wearing one of her earrings.

She picked a gorgeous white netted Anarkali suit for the special day, which was gifted to her for their wedding by his grandmother. Wafa swore to not touch those dresses but she had nothing fancy to wear on her best friend's engagement. It was kind of depressing.

Wafa had no choice but to wear them. They were so pretty though. This particular white suit made her feel like a princess. The green jewellery set was complimenting it contrastingly.

"You were just being stubborn last night and left me with no other choice," Shahzaib replied nonchalantly as he walked towards the vanity table and picked up his perfume bottle. Her heart rate spiked frantically as he stood behind her and sprayed the scent near his neck and shoulders.

The smell was so intoxicatingly good. Wafa loved it secretly. She felt her legs become jelly as he stood a little too close to her while taking the hair gel. Their hands brushed for a nanosecond as he did that, and she felt his breath against her shoulders before he moved back. She had to hold the vanity table for support, lest she feared that she'd fall.

"Everyone is talking about us, your mom wasn't very happy with the show you put on last night," Wafa had to compose herself and speak. But she was happy that she was able to utter anything in the first place. It would be too embarrassing otherwise, she can't let him know how much he affected her these days.

Shahzaib's every little action was causing a ruckus inside her heart. And he was not aware of any of it. It's better that way anyway.

"Good thing that we'll move out tomorrow. And I don't care what she thinks." He replied while finally moving back a little. She gave him a disbelieving look, but Shahzaib was unfazed. He dared to smirk at her.

"Tonight I'm going to sleep with mama. Because you know right, I'll miss her. So it's only fair that I get to spend more time with her." Wafa turned around and smiled smugly at him. Shahzaib's face fell instantly but he didn't say anything. Of course, he won't.