fifteen

The loud cheers of the audience erupted in the background as Wafa watered the plants. The dark clouds forming in the sky made it clear that it's going to rain soon. But she watered the plants anyway amd hummed softly whilst arching her neck and jumped when the six was replayed again.

It was the T20 world cup season. And Wafa being the hard-core cricket fan was having the time of her life. But something felt missing as she kept the spray bottle aside and walked back into the living room. She also grabbed a bag of potato chips from the kitchen and sat on the sofa half-heartedly. Her eyes moved towards her phone subconsciously, looking for any message. But there was nothing.

Shahzaib was running late.

She frowned at the door and then at the wall clock. He should be here by now, joining her for this match. They had planned this ages ago. When they finalized the date of their moving into this home. It sounded so exciting back then. To think that they'd be watching the world cup alone, in a new place.

A fond smile appeared on her face as she glanced around the living room whilst munching on the chips. It was not huge but gave a perfect homely feel. She put her heart and soul into bringing everything together for this home. It gave her a sense of comfort and contentment to finally see everything in its place. It was not what she expected when they moved out of the Hussain mansion.

The feeling was surreal. Wafa felt more welcome here than she ever did in the Hussain mansion. It was also scaring her a lot. Knowing well that her future in this home was uncertain. Her future with Shahzaib was uncertain. This could all just be temporary. It was very hard to digest. She can't get herself too attached. But she couldn't help it. Everything was just too perfect.

Her eyes go to watch the TV again. The match was a very interesting one happening in a while. Their team has almost lost even after having such a nice first half. But there was also no sight of Shahzaib yet which made her concentrate less. She couldn't get herself to enjoy it even.

You're so doomed, Wafa.

The match almost felt boring without Shahzaib's presence. It was their thing, watching it together as they argue over silly things. She missed having him beside her as the team scored yet another four. The audience was jumping in joy, celebrating an early win. Her ears perked up eagerly as the door knob twisted open.

He was home!

She thought excitedly but gasped as a very drenched Shahzaib walked into the living room. He was soaked in all sense. Her eyes went wide at his state, "what the hell has happened to you?"

His shirt was hugging his perfectly toned body, showing off all the muscles. And don't even talk about his broad shoulders. He just looked so handsome. Wafa's mind couldn't help her thoughts. She gulped as she neared him.

Shahzaib removed his smart watch and handed it over to her, "it rained. I'm sorry I missed the match. I got stuck at one of the construction sites. The engineers were throwing some unnecessary tantrums." He grumbled annoyedly, snapping Wafa from her blatant staring. Her cheeks flushed hard.

"It's fine. I'll get a towel. Stay here." She didn't want him to get all the floors wet. They don't have a housekeeper yet. She didn't mind doing the chores but would also avoid any unnecessary work whenever she could.

"Thanks," Wafa heard his voice in the distance as she walked into their room. She had to take a moment to compose herself. Because gosh. She was not prepared for feeling all those things.

Her heart is getting so unpredictable whenever Shahzaib is around. She needs to get a freaking grip on herself. But it seemed like such a difficult task.