17 | Denial

It's been a while since Willow and I have hung out so we decided to go out for lunch today. It was a bright sunny day in London, the perfect weather for a day of sitting outside a secluded cafe with a nice sandwich and a cup of coffee. We were sat there for a while chatting and catching up on each other's lives.

"Ok as long as we're here, I have something to tell you." Willow blurted out after a few moments of comfortable silence. "I'm kinda sorta dating someone.." I gasped, my face instantly lighting up. She's been wanting to be in a relationship for months now and I couldn't be happier.

"Oh my god, since when!?" I squealed.

"Since.. like a month ago I think?" She said, seeming really hesitant to tell me.

"And you didn't think to tell me!?" I slammed my hands on the table to show my theatrics.

"It's all kind of.. new.. and I wasn't sure if I was ready and— you get the idea.." she seemed stiff and struggled to keep her eyes on me.

"No, I completely get it." I said trying to reassure her. I perked up again, "wait? Who is it? Do you have a pic?" I extended my body across the table to have a glance at her phone.

"I-I'm not ready to say..." she quickly blocked sight of her phone with her hand and I backed down," Is that ok? I'm sorry if it's not I just—"

"No, you're right. I should only meet this guy when you're sure it's serious." She gave me a small smile, grateful I didn't push it. She let out a relieved sigh I could only imagine she was holding in for the entire conversation and relaxed her shoulders. I know I'm not the one for dating but that doesn't mean I wouldn't support my best friend when she gets into a relationship. "Y'know just as long as he's not a serial killer or like... my brother then I'm sure you're fine." I joked and we both laughed.

She then cleared her throat looking a little stiff again... "Um.. wait how did that assistant job go? Were the businessmen at least hot?" I widened my eyes. I got so caught up in my thoughts that I'd completely forgotten to tell her about that day..

I covered my mouth, "I didn't tell you did I?" She looked at me confused, "turns out the people we're partnered with is that football club Mason Mount plays for and he was one of the players in the advertisement." Willow's jaw dropped with a ghost of a smile on her face.

"Oh. My. God." She said between laughs and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. So you can imagine how hurt my ego was when I had to do whatever he said for the entire day." Willow cracked out a laugh as I glared at her. She's always tried to twist mine and Mason's story, saying we're bound to fuck or something but the thought always made me gag. "He asked me to clean his shoes, Willow. Clean them!" I shook my head in disapproval whilst Willow wiped the tears off her face, "and what's worst was that he said he had 'no sense of direction', whatever the fuck that meant, and asked if I could guide him to the bathroom," Willow scrunched her face in confusion, "turns out he just wanted to get me alone so he could play with my feelings!" It hurts my ego to admit it but I had to tell someone or it'd drive me crazy.

"He did what!? I thought he said he hated you?"

"He does! That's why he did it!"

Willow tilted her head, "what did he do exactly?"

"He backed me up against a wall and gave the impression that he was about to kiss me but then dipped." I looked down ashamed.

"And you didn't push him away?"

"No.. he.. he caught me off guard!"

"Interesting..."

I sighed, "He made me vulnerable, Willow. He just wanted to mess with me, get a stupid reaction out of me and I hate that it worked! The day was already shit because of his constant demands and then he had to do that! And he tried to do it again yesterday too!" I buried my head in my hands, too frustrated to think anymore.