Part 6

I drove straight to Early's house. I had to find the underlying cause of a few things. I knew he would be up; he was worried sick about me. When I walked in Corabelle and Early were waiting for me at the kitchen table. They had worried looks on their faces. Corabelle stood when I entered the room and hugged me for the longest time.

She pulled back and put her hands on each side of my face, "u-we-tsi-a-ge-yv (daughter}"

Pressing my forehead to hers I closed my eyes, "u-ni-tsi (mother)"

Corabelle always did this when she saw me but today it felt more urgent somehow. It felt like she saying she was sorry or goodbye.

"Sit we must talk." Early said from behind us.

Corabelle got teary eyed and guided me to my chair. I knew something was up. I was hoping in my heart it wasn't Early's health. I sat turning the coffee mug in front that said Oklahoma and looked at them both. They both looked so broken. Early's age was showing today. His dark Cherokee features were more pronounced than ever. But Corabelle, still looked as beautiful as the day is young. Her long braids cascading down each side of her night dress, her big, amazing brown eyes that are so eager to greet me still naked of any wrinkles. It made me smile. I had no idea where I got my looks from, I barely looked Cherokee.

"We need to tell you something important." Early squeezed my hand with endearment.

"Lumi we have hidden something about our past from you. The sprit walker has revealed herself to us today and told us we must tell you before it's too late. You are the child of a first blood. You have great powers that we have never seen before. Most importantly you can cure all humanity with your first-born child." Early said not wasting any time, he just cut right to it like he always did.

"Wait, none of this is making sense..."

"Listen to me Lumi."

"Your mother was with you when she was attacked by an ancient skadegamute. She would have died if Cye Bian had not saved her life. With that came profound consequences. Your mother turned into a Daywalker; we have hidden it from you all these years. She does not thirst for blood like the others. We have found our way of quenching her blood thirst through hunting animals. You Lumi are not of blood lust; however, you are immensely powerful. When you were born you were born of fire, and you stopped time. Your spirit walker woke everyone up she knew you were coming your vibrations were so strong it woke the ancients. The vampires fear you Lumi because they know the legend of the pure blood baby branded with weeping roses."

"My Cherokee Roses." I said to myself as I grabbed my arm.

I just sat speechless knowing that my entire life was a lie. For the first time I felt betrayed, I felt anger and great sadness. I had no idea who I was.  I had no idea how to access my powers. If I did, would I know how to even control them? How could I not see that my mother was a daywalker? All these years I have been so blind, blinded by my ignorance. How could I not have seen?

"Lumi your spirit walker will guide you and help you with your powers. I must warn you until she helps you, you must be careful with your temper. The angrier you get the more aggressive you and your powers become. Now, I tell you this because we need you to remain calm when we tell you this next part my child. "

"Dad, how much worse can it be? "

I saw my mother and father look at each other and sigh. I heard a knock on the door, but no one moved to answer it.

My father grabbed my hand one last time," Lumi we owe a great debt to Cye Bian for saving your mother. The fate of all humanity is in the hands of you and Cye. We promised you to Cye because your first born must be of pure true blood. You can only have that with him. Once she is born her blood, and only her blood, can save all humankind."

I sank deeper in my chair. I pulled my hand away from my father's hand. I felt a burning deep inside my stomach that felt like thunder striking a thousand times. My breathing became erratic.  My fingertips started turning bright glowing red and it moved down my fingers into my hands and arms.  I watched as my parents backed up away from me as I sat sinking into my burning inferno. I glared at them with an anger I have never felt before. How could you promise me to that monster? Just as I thought the words, I saw Cye Bian come rushing through the door with my spirit walker behind him. I threw up my hands to them and flames came rushing out towards them. I saw Cye keep walking, he dodged my flames. I glared at him and thought to myself STOP! With one thought I stopped time. The flames kept burning. Cye stopped mid step, my mother and father were frozen huddled in the corner and the terror on their faces made me want to cry. The only person still moving was her. My Spirit Walker, Ityanna.

"You must calm your soul Lumi Rose, please for the sake of your parents. Calm, count with me please. 10,9,8,7,6 ....... "

As Ityanna counted I noticed a calmness come over me I began to cool, and the flames vanished. Cye and my parents became unfrozen again. Cye reached for me but I moved quickly away from him. My parents got off the floor and hugged each other, my mother began to cry. Cye Bian had a determined look on his face as he walked towards me.

"Lumi Rose, I see you have heard the wonderful news."

"Go fuck yourself." As I turned towards him feeling the rage in my belly.

"Now is that any way to talk to your future husband?"

Ityanna brought her hands between us, "Stop this before she combusts again. You must keep her calm until I teach her to harness these powers. Finding all this out cannot be easy, blending our kind with yours will be the first you must treat it with caution."

Cye ran his flawless hand through is shoulder length hair and looked at me. I glared at him trying to keep the burning at bay. I needed space, I couldn't control my powers or my feelings with everyone in my face. Everyone who had betrayed me. I felt like my world was being sucked from me. It was collapsing in front of me.

"Give me space, I need space. I'm going for a walk. Do not follow me." I turned and warned everyone.

I glared at all of them, Cye put his hands up as surrender. My parents sat down at the table; my mother was still sobbing. Ityanna just bowed her head as I walked past her out the door.