Part 7

I left my keys to the Demon inside by accident, my plan was to drive away far away, so I started running as soon as I my feet hit the pavement outside my parents' home. I kept running and thinking, running more and thinking and running until I hit the river. I stopped and bent over to catch my breath. If Cye could heal my mother, why won't he heal my father now? Why would someone go to such lengths to make me stop working for Cye? I had so many questions. I needed answers. Still catching my breath bent over I heard the owl land nearby, Ityanna.

"I said I needed to be alone Ityanna." I said through my teeth.

"I come in peace Lumi. I need to know you are ok." Ityanna voice sang in my ears.

"I'm fine, fuck, no I'm not. I just found out my child with Cye Bian can save humanity. How would you feel? Also, my mother is a vamp."

I could feel the heat coming again the light they called it. I squeezed my eyes shut trying to hold my temper. It was no fucking light to me It was a fire that burned with rage to get out now. 10,9,8,7,6...

"Lumi, you are feared among the vampires because there was one light walker before you. Many, many moons ago. Her name was Atsila Anagalisgv (Fire Lighting). She was born of Pure Blood, to a Cherokee family much like you. She was in love with a young man from the Wanbanaki Tribe. They hid their love from everyone knowing it was not permitted, until one day Atsila Anagalisgv became with child. They knew they could not hide their love any longer. They went to her father the Cherokee Chief he was most displeased with the two. He saw something his daughter had not seen before in her lover. Her lover was a sorcerer, he had an evil heart. Before he could use his evilness against the chief, the chief drove an arrow through his heart killing him instantly. The chief sent Atsila Anagalisgv to the solitary hole for two moons for disgracing her people. Five days into her solitary her love visited her, but he was different, he was pure evil. At first, he toyed with her. Then he cast spells of torture on her causing her great pain and suffering. This went on for two weeks. At the end of the two weeks, he did the most unthinkable. He cut the baby from her womb and burned it alive. Atsila Anagalisgv knew she had to stop him. She was grief stricken she had just lost her greatest love and their baby the burning inside her began to fill her heart and soul. He watched her lift herself off the floor of the hole she had been shunned to, he watched her with a curious eye. She rose with a fire in her feet, and her hands it rose to her neck down to her fingertips. She healed her ripped belly and smiled at the evil skadegamute he had become and began to hover above him. She suspended time and lit a fire around the hole. She then brought herself before him as she looked into the eyes searching for the man who once loved her unable to find any trace of him. She put her hands on the side of his face and burned him alive suspended in time motionless, unable to move from her. She cried out and waking every village for miles. Once he was in ashes on the ground, she flew out of the hole to see her village watching in horror. She looked upon them with greatness and yelled, "I am Atsila Anagalisgv daughter of the chief, killer of the skadegamute. Tell all what I can do. Tell all what has happened here today. Tell all I am coming for the ones who scorn the women. Tell all I am the first of my kind."

"Later in life she met a great Cherokee warrior who was never afraid of her. He tamed her burning rage. They had a daughter; their daughter's name was Corabelle. Corabelle was not blessed with her great powers, but her granddaughter was."

"My mother was her daughter?"

"Yes, there is a reason she never talks about her. To protect you. Now, well everyone will find out if they don't know already. It's been a great burden all these years to keep this all from you Lumi. Your safety must come first. Not only can you save humankind, but you can kill the vampires, ridding us of their plagues."

"You must NEVER let him bite you and change you. Promise me this. His blood will take your light, he knows this. He will try."

"He's not coming near me. There must be another way, I won't surrender to him. I just can't."

"You must remember the story I have told you. You have the power to kill him, all of them."

"Ityanna, what happened to my grandmother?"

"After your mother was born Atsila was happy she had no more sorrow. Her burning was quiet. She never expected the Wabanaki Tribe to send another Skadegamute to avenge her former lover's death. But they did. They caught her off guard by the river washing clothes and beheaded her. Your mother was with the woman who you thought was your grandmother, Mortella. She raised Corabelle."

I knew in my heart what I needed to do. I kept it hidden that a skadegamute had visited me. I planned to be on high alert I wasn't going to lose my head. I had to get to that meeting with Magla Darling and find out what was going on. I have a feeling she knows a little about what's going on.

Ityanna left me by the river. Leaving me in peace once again. I thought about my grandmother and what she went through, everything she sacrificed. I wanted to change the world, I wanted to cure people, I just didn't want to do it Cye Bian. He was everything I hated but wanted at the same time. I was more than conflicted; I was ashamed I was feeling this way. If I wanted to help the world I needed to do this. I would concede, but it had to be on my terms.