10. Kim.

In exactly thirty minutes, I am standing in front of Aunt Nima's house. The dog is in my hands, and we are both panting.

We had so much fun today; I walked it to the Mini-Mart, and back. I was happy when I did not meet that girl who kissed me with her lips glossed the other day I was on that sidewalk.

Though sunny, I did not care about it because I was with Kim. I named the dog, Kim and whatever its initial name was, we kissed it goodbye.

Kim is a fast learner. In a few minutes, it managed to master its new name, and we played fetch.

I did not starve this time because I still had some cash Aunt Nima had given me the other day, so I bought a soda and water for both Kim and I.

"Do you think Jamie will kill me for carrying you?" I ask Kim, who looks back at me and sticks out its tongue. I'm not even sure if it's a male or female, but who cares? Kim is probably a unisex name.

"I will tell him you were tired, maybe he can give me another twenty minutes with you."

This was a thrilling experience for me. I had seen people walk with their dogs, and all I could ever do was secretly wave at the dog. My mother never, I mean never, let me anywhere near a dog, and when I was younger, I hated her. I did not speak to her for an entire day. I did not understand much about my illness then, all I wanted was a pet, and she would not let me have it.

She was a bad mom then, but with time I understood that she loved me far too much to put my life at risk. But I am older now, I can take care of myself and when I have enough of this cute thing, I will let go and use that inhaler.

I reach into my pocket to see if I have it on me, but I can only find my phone.

My heart does a mini somersault, but I get it in check. I don't want Kim to see that I am such a cry baby who gets worried about just anything. It's still under my pillow and I will grab it later.

I open the door and take off my shoes. I close it before putting Kim down. He—I have made a choice. He is a male—wanders off and finally settles on the couch.

I smile before looking around; the TV is playing, but there's no one in the room. I crease my eyebrows, that's unusual, but then I go on to check the kitchen.

Maybe Axel is somewhere, and our very own food reservoir is in the kitchen.

I'm not very shocked when I don't find Jamie in the kitchen either, he's probably out with Axel. But why leave the TV on when they're going out? Are they stupid?

I chuckle. They're stupid.

I drink half a glass of water and make my way to Jamie's room; perhaps he's sleeping. I stand at his door and there's fucking loud-ass punk rock music playing behind the door.

Aside from being the foodie and dummy around here, Jamie has a dreadful taste in music.

My head even throbs just listening to this crap, so I decide to just lock myself up in my room than argue with him about his music.

I have never been happier that at least this house and its rooms are soundproof—if I stay in my room, I won't hear his deafening music.

With a sigh, I make it to my room. I didn't realize how tired I feel and how much I want to lay down until now.

I push the door open and then…

"What the fuck?" someone in the room cries out, and I immediately perk up to see who is in my room—and screaming.

I am not sure whether to close my eyes or stare.

My heart rocks up its pace in my heart, but I don't look away. My eyes first settle on the brunette who has her back to me—narrow waist and broad hips. She is naked and on top of someone—her eyes look at me with blemish; like I am a zombie or something.

"What—who are you?" I question, unable to react appropriately. I am scared to look at the person laying beneath her…but he makes it easy when he sits up.

My heart slashes into tiny pieces with unsteady beats. I'm scared to meet his eyes, but I meet them anyway. His face is blank to my dismay, he doesn't react in any way; not upset, not angry, not shocked—just staring at me like I am not supposed to be here.

"Luke," Axel's voice comes out cold and my jaw tightens.

It's as if we don't know each other. He looks at me like I am nothing. Like, he did not make a paper crane for me just yesterday. Like I did not see him half naked the other day, or like I am not his friend's cousin.

Like he doesn't fucking bore his eyes into my skull all day long!

But that doesn't matter.

What matters is the rush of bile boiling up my throat at the sight before me.

My sheets are wrapped around the girl's waist and I feel nauseated immediately.

They are fucking...

They fucked...

They were fucking - in my bed.