1

Delilah's pov:
I woke up to my little brother banging my head with a pillow screaming to get up.

"COME ON DELILAH GET UP! GET UP! GET UP!"

"Okay, okay, I'm up!" I said already annoyed by Gabe's presence.

Gabe is only 6 but he's my best friend. We do everything together. We walk around town together, go and get ice cream, play at the park, and much more. Gabe isn't my only sibling though. I have a sister, Her names Sherri valance but she goes by Cherry because of her  fiery red hair. She's not the brightest. Yeah she doesn't hate greasers like me, but she never hangs out with me and Gabe. She's always busy going to parties with her other socy friends and hanging with her piece of shit boyfriend, Bob Sheldon.

I slowly get up out of my bed as Gabe runs out of my room, giggling like a maniac.

I make my way over to my bathroom and get undressed and shower. I got out and grabbed my clothes for the day, I picked a plaid grey-ish green, and white skirt and a plain white long sleeved shirt. I got dressed and started drying my hair and put some makeup on. Once I was done I made my way downstairs smelling delicious pancakes drenched in syrup.

"Good morning mama." I said.

"Good morning hunny, here's breakfast." My mother said.

My mother is awesome, she's caring and loving and almost the best mom I could ask for. The only problem is, she doesn't like greasers. She thinks the reason their poor is because they don't work hard enough and are lazy. So she tells me and my siblings to not hang with them but I mean, how can you not? Greasers are always so lively and jumpy makes me happy seeing them not getting beat by socs and just trying to live the best way they can, enjoying what they have. My father though, left awhile after Gabe was born said he had enough things on his plate and couldn't take care of Gabe. I know, doesn't make any sense, but we've managed without him, we are actually all very happy and stable without him. I just feel bad that Gabe doesn't have a man in the house to teach him things men would want to know, like how to shave or how to drive a motorcycle, or whatever boys like to learn with their dad.

I sit down next to Cherry and Gabe and dig into my pancakes drenching it with butter and syrup.

"You really have to eat like a pig?" Said cherry making a disgusted face at me.

I just roll my eyes and keep eating, wanting to say something but keeps my mouth shut, better if I don't already start a fight at 8 in the morning.

I finish my food and put my plate in the sink, heading towards the door putting on my shoes and grabbing my jacket and bag.

"Mama! I'm heading to the library!"

"Alright honey, be safe remember, no hanging out with greasers!" My mother yells almost proudly.

"Yeah, Yeah, mom I know the drill!" Saying this as I roll my eyes.

I head out the door making my way to the library, holding two books, Anne of green gables and to kill a mocking bird. I had finished them a few days ago. I'm a fast reader, I'm not sure why because my parents aren't  the smartest people, in high school they always had low B's, they only focused on their reputation during their high school year. I see it as a blessing to be smart though, I'm grateful to actually have some smarts and some maturity to me, unlike my siblings and my parents.

I approach the library and open the door, Mrs. Riley was sitting behind the counter stacking books on top of each other, sorting them.

"Good morning. Mrs. Riley."

She looks up from her stack of books and smiles at me, she didn't hear me come in, she's hard of hearing considering her age.

"Why good morning to you too Delilah, how have you been?" She said sweetly folding her hands in front of her and smiling at me.