3

Delilah's pov:
Me and Pony arrived at the double, he said we have to crawl through a hole in the fence so he didn't have to pay to get in. I agreed and we went through it and went to find seats. We chose the very back so we could see the screen better.

"I'm gonna get snacks you coming with me?" Pony asks standing up.

"Yeah I want to pick some candy out if that's okay?" I asked I forgot he said he didn't have a lot of money. I felt greedy after saying that.

"Oh yeah I got enough for snacks just not enough to get in." He said looking down at the pavement rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hah okay." I said chuckling a little before getting up and following him.

We walked up there, and I decided to be brave. I grabbed pony's hand and laced it with mine. He didn't seem to mind, plus if we are going to be friends we're gonna have to get used to each other, right?

"You know i don't know if you noticed , but we have science together, you've never seemed to notice me until yesterday." Pony said turning ti me.

"Oh we do? I'm sorry I guess I was just always drowned in my work and thoughts." I said I hadn't realized I never noticed pony, but he had noticed me. I felt insanely bad.

"It's alright, I get it. I always get drowned in my work too, gotta stay smart for Darry." He said smiling toward me.

"Why for Darry?"

"He wants me to succeed, unlike him and Sodapop."

"Well didn't Darry graduate isn't that succeeding?" I asked. I'm confused? Isn't graduating considered good?

"Well he wanted to go to college get a degree, but that plan changed when my parents died."

"Man I'm sorry Pony, Darry deserves to still live his life the way he wants he's only 20." I said sadly. It was true Darry is only 20 he's still young and freshly out of school. He deserved to get a degree and carry on his life.

"I know, but there's nothing we can do now."

It was our turn next to order. Pony ordered two popcorns, two cokes, and a pack of skittles, my favorite.

We got our food and walked back to our seats. We sat down and got comfy. We watched the whole movie it was really good, it was about these two kids whose parents just got sent to jail and have to fend for themselves and travel the world to get to their aunt who lives two states away from them.

When it was over me and Pony stood up and disposed our trash and walked out. We walked and talked again, this time he talked more about his gang.

Johnny cade his best friend, he described him as a lost little puppy that had been kicked too many times. Also said his parents beat him and he'd always sleep at their house or in the lot.

Dallas Winston I had heard of him before but dally was basically pony's best friend too, It kinda shocked me that Dallas Winston would be friends with two kids, but I mean he was a kid himself.

Two-bit Matthews a funny guy who loves to crack jokes all the time and every second of the day, also loves beer and chocolate cake.

Steve Randle Sodapop's best friend, doesn't seem to like pony very much but has to like him cause he's his best friends brother. Also loves chocolate cake.

Sodapop Curtis very happy and lively person, always knows how to cheer you up and comfort you. Always defends pony whenever he gets yelled at by Darry.

Darrel Curtis can be very happy but is always worried and is hard on pony all the time, pony says he hates pony, wishes he could stick pony in a boys home.

"I personally think I'm gonna love the gang. They just seem so fun and if I want to escape soc life I could come with you guys!" I said cheerfully.

"Darry does say our door is always open for anyone, that now includes you." He said smiling at me.

"Thank you, Pony you're the only friend I've had that hasn't used me to get to cherry. I really appreciate it." I said turning to look at him.

He turns to look at me smiling this big wide smile.

"Cherry always seemed stuck up to me, you're way better."

He then grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. I felt so happy, finally I have someone I can rely on, that won't leave me for my sister, that won't talk to me snotty just to have a laugh, a friend that'll actually be a friend.

We walked back to his house in silence, a happy silence though.

We walked into his house and the gang was all still there. It was probably around 10pm.

"Hey guys!" Two-bit said waving at us.

"How was the movie? Did y'all kiss?" Two bit said with a devilish smirk.

Me and pony's face both went red. Blushing like crazy.

"We didn't kiss two-bit I just met her yesterday!" Pony said hiding his face from embarrassment.

"Slack off two-bit the couple are just not ready to admit it yet." Soda said with a grin.

Soda too?? Really.

"OK OK ENOUGH." Pony screamed, face even more flushed.

Everyone started laughing their heads off. Holding their bellies too from laughing so hard.

I just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. They eventually calmed down back to normal.

"Um anyway, would you like to stay the night Delilah?" Darry asked me.

"Oh no I better not cause, if my parents found me they um you know." I said feeling embarrassed that my mom was such a witch to greasers.

"Yeah right, right, okay well you have a good night Delilah it was nice meeting you!" Darry said while smiling at me.

"It was nice meeting all of you, bye guys!"

I heard a crowd of bye's coming from the gang. I walked over to pony.

"Bye Ponyboy." I said quietly just so he could hear.

"Bye Delilah." He said smiling as I walked out the door.

I walked back home in the nice silence. What a fun day.