24

Delilah's pov:
It was the next day and me and Pony were getting ready to see Johnny.

You know, to see if he's gotten any better.

So me and him head out to the hospital. We had gotten a call from the hospital asking us where Dallas was. We told them we had no idea he was out. We knew where he was. He's actually at bucks.

Me and Pony just walk holding hands to the bus stop, but once we got to Johnnys room we let go and walked in slowly.

Johnny was lying on his back this time. And his neck and arms were starting to get back to his normal skin tone and not all red and burned.

That made me smile, that could mean he's getting better.

Pony and me walk up to the side of his bed, Johnny notices us and smiles a big wide smile.

Another good sign.

"Hey guys." Johnny says with a little rasp in his voice.

"Hey johnnycakes." Pony says and softly smiles at him.

"How are you feeling?" I ask eagerly.

Johnny smiles slightly.

"I'm making great progress. They say if I keep healing as well as I am, I'll survive, just'll have to reactivate my legs." Johnny says happily.

I smile widely and turn my head to look at Pony, he smiled back at me with hope and happiness in his eyes.

"We are so happy Johnny! We knew you would make it, you're more tuff then you think." I softly said the last line to him.

Johnny smiles a warm smile at me.

"Thanks Delilah, you're too nice."

"Oh I can get mean." I said chuckling.

—————
Ponyboy's pov:
I watch her talk to my best friend. She's so sweet and caring. She treats me great and she cares about Johnny just as much as I do. She doesn't care if your poor, or rich or even middle class, she will still find something unique in you and make you feel welcomed around her. She cares about everyone.

And she's beautiful. She's got such bright red and silky soft hair, piercing blue eyes that lead you in to her longing affection. Crazily long eyelashes, and her hands. Her hands are so soft, every time she caresses my face or my hand or even slightly on my shoulder, I blush like crazy and long for her touch.

I am in love with her.

How did I end up so lucky?
—————
Delilah's pov:
It was a few hours later after I saw Johnny and i'm currently sitting at my desk reading a book.

I got the bright idea that I should go and talk to cherry, just because she is my sister and I care for her. But I'm still a little scared.

I sigh and put my book down on the table and head toward Cherrys room. She's always in there, listening to music, looking at magazines, who knows. The only time she isn't in her room is if she's shopping or hanging with Bob. But now he's dead.

I slowly approach her door and knock lightly, trying not to piss her off sense she hates being interrupted when listening to her music. And I could hear music blasting from her boombox, and of course- it's Elvis playing.

I hear rustling coming from the other side of the door and then she appears in front of me. I look up at her and notice how she looked.

She looked terrible, her hair was all messy like she had just woke up. Her face had smudged makeup all over it and cheeks full of tear stains. She was also wearing sweatpants and a shirt.