5

Delilah's pov:

"Pony why would you get yourself into this situation?!"

"I just missed you! I hadn't seen you in a week! How would I not get worried and not want to come over here to see what's happened?"

I started tearing up. I pulled him into a hug having my arms wrapped around his neck with his arms around my waist hugging me tightly. I sobbed into his neck. Thinking about how I hadn't seen him.

I pulled away and looked at his face.

"I'll explain what happened later, first I need to clean you up." I said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him into my bathroom.

He sat on the toilet, groaning from the pain, they must have kicked him too.

I grabbed a cloth and wet it with warm-ish water. We didn't have any first aid-kit because we were socs, we didn't have to worry about getting home from rumbles or worry about other socs.

I also grabbed some band-Aids and made my way over to Pony.

"This may hurt a little." I said

He nodded slowly as I took the rag and started cleaning his wounds. Okay I know he was hurt and all but, he looked kinda hot. I didn't say that.

He groaned a little every time I started cleaning a new wound.

"Sorry." I said as I started cleaning his last cut.

I finished cleaning his wounds and put the rag away and put some band-aides on some of his scratches.

"There, I'm done."

"Thank you, I don't know how I'm gonna get back home though."

I looked up at him as he looked at me.

"I don't know either, you could stay over?" I said that was the best option no way could he risk going back home.

"That would be nice, I have to call Darry though and tell him where I'm at."

"Oh yeah, come on the phones over here."

He slowly got up and followed me to the phone, he picked it up and called Darry. I walked back to my room while he talked to Darry. I had flopped on my bed when i started eavesdropping. I didn't even mean too! It just happened.

"Yeah I'm at Delilah's house." Ponyboy said

"Okay! Yes I know I lied to you but I hadn't seen her in a week!"

He lied to Darry? I got up and slowly went up to my door and put my ear against it to hear better.

"Please! Darry I can't risk going back home now!"

"Thank you Darry, DARRY EW THATS GROSS!"

What's so gross?

"Darry that's disgusting we're just friends!"

Oh. Never mind i know what he means.

"Okay, goodnight Darry." As Ponyboy puts the phone back down. He sighs then starts walking back to my room.

I quickly run to my bed and open back my book to act like I was reading. Ponyboy walks back into the room and flops down next to me.

"Whatcha readin?" He asks rolling onto his belly to see the book.

"Gone with the wind the one you told me to read." I said smiling at him

"You haven't finished it? I finished that in like 3 days!" He said bragging

"Yeah, yeah whatever Pone." I said rolling my eyes while fluffing his hair with my hand.

God. Was it nice to have him back.

"Hey where do you want me to sleep at?" Pony asked

"You can have my bed I'll take the floor."

"But it's your bed?"

"Yeah but you're hurt."

"So?"

"So you should have the bed?"

"What if we just both sleep in it?" His face goes red. He didn't mean to say that.

"Fine. I guess." I said turning back to my book. I wasn't gonna argue with him.

"Well, could you tell me why you've been gone?" He looked down and played with his fingers like he was nervous.

I rolled onto my side as he did the same so we faced each other.

"When I got home from hanging with you at the nightly double. I had walked in and Cherry was behind me and she told me she knew I was hanging out with you."

"Okay? I thought Cherry liked greasers too?"

"She does but the thing is, before I started walking to your house Cherry came into my room and we got into an argument and well I said some mean things to her."

"Oh but that still doesn't explain why she was mad you were with me?" Ponyboy said looking at me with a confused face.

"Um we'll see before you, I had no friends I've never in my life have had a real friend, so when I told her that I was going to the nightly double with a friend, she got skeptical and basically spied on me the whole time we were together."I said looking down embarrassed that I had to tell him I had no friends.

"Oh, I'm sorry Delilah." He said with a sad look.

"It's fine but she told my mom and my mom grounded me and said I couldn't go anywhere without Cherry."

"If I would've known I would've taken us to somewhere more private." Pony said

"It isn't your fault, Pony. I should've not trusted her with that info."

We went silent for a minute just thinking about it. I'm a soc, he's a greaser. We're not suppose to be talking to each other, but we are and there must be a reason we are.

"Also Pone, thank you again. For being my friend when no one else would, even if your a greaser and I'm a soc doesn't mean we can't be friends and I'm not gonna let my mom stop us from being that." I said taking his hand into mine.

He smiled up at me and squeezed my hand a little.

"Your welcome, and Thank you for the compliment." We both chuckled.

"You haven't changed the week I've been gone."

"Maybe that's a good thing." He said as I slowly rolled over back on my stomach and picked up my book. He rolled over too and read with me.

We read for god knows how long, when I heard my family come home.

"My moms back so if she comes into my room just hide under my bed she won't see you, understood?" I said looking at his eyes while I gripped his shoulders.

"Understood." He said smiling at me almost laughing because of how serious I was.

We went back to reading. It was around 9pm when I decided to stop reading. I looked over at pony who was fast asleep. When did he fall asleep?

I pulled over my covers and drifted into a nice long sleep. Happy my best friend was next to me again.