17

Delilah's pov:
I opened my front door and slammed it shut. I took of my shoes and coat and stomped up to my room.

I flopped onto my bed and sighed. Why did pony even agree to sit with her? Whatever I don't care.

I get up and take off my clothes to take a shower.

I finish my shower and change into my pjs.

I flop onto my bed again and get under my covers.

Just go to sleep and you'll see the gang tomorrow.

I thought as I drifted asleep.
———————
I woke up with a bright light beaming in my face.

I sat up and squinted at the light. I groaned remembering the events of yesterday.

I slowly get up from my bed and walk over to my bathroom to clean up.

I take a shower and put on my outfit for the day.

I walk downstairs to find none of my family downstairs. They must be sleeping.

I quietly grab my coat and boots and walk out the door.

I made sure to stop the door from slamming.

I hopped off the steps to my front porch and started my descent to the curtis house.

I hope Ponyboy is there. Just so he could explain to me WHY he decided to just "ditch" me.

And- I can't stay away from him forever.

I do still love him, I'm just mad.

In fact- I didn't hear Cherry come home last night...

But yet again I was knocked out by the time the movie was probably done.

I shook off my thoughts when I approached the front gate of Pony's house.

I took a deep breath and opened the gate and walked up the front steps.

I took a short glance towards the window but quickly looked again for longer when I noticed a crying Darry and Sodapop on the sofa.

I quickly barged into the house, getting they're attention.

"Darry, Soda. Are you guys okay?" I asked with a worried expression.

This was unlikely of them and the rest of the gang wasn't here either.

Darry looked up at me with a sad smile.

I slowly walked towards them on the couch and sat down next to Soda with Darry on the other side of him.

I looked at Sodapop with a confused look. He's never cried this hard before.

I now am noticing that Pony was nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Pony?" I asked now fully confused

Soda looked up at me from his hands.

"He's gone. He didn't come home last night." Soda choked out and sobbed back into his hands.

My heart dropped.

Pony is missing?

No. No. That can't be right? He was with Cherry?!

I let the thought sink in.

Pony is missing.

I started feeling tears start forming and they quickly fell down as soon as they started.

I sobbed with the curtis brothers.

Or what's left of them.