Friends

"Oh wow the festival looks great!" I say speed walking ahead turning to look at everything around me. "I know right it's gonna look better when the sun sets and all the lights turn on" I turn to see Sting catching up. "Really? Then what do we do till then" I look up at him. "U-uh well how's your appetite" he smirks. "Imma Dragneel I can eat a whole restaurant" I say sarcastically patting my empty stomach causing him to let out a laughing sigh. "Then let's go check out the food stands" he says grabing my hand pulling me from where we were standing. My eyes widen at the sudden move. "Alright" I say giving him a smile.
"That jerk! How can he grab her hand like that" Natsu says trying to charge after you and Sting but Lucy holds him back with all her strength. "Cool it natsu" she says in a loud struggling whisper. "So why are we all hiding behind a pole its not like it covers any of us" Rio says flying above everyone with Happy, Lector, and Frosch by his side. "Aye but they haven't noticed us yet so we must be doing something right" he says sounding cocky. "No we aren't stupid cat spying on people isn't right!" Lucy argues. "Yea so then why are you here"? Natsu, Rio and Happy question at the same time. "Well... I'm here making sure you guys don't ruin y/n's date" she looks away. "I told you it isn't a date"! Natsu raises his voice annoyed. "Yea right admit it your just as nosy as the rest of us" Rio says calling her out.
"Shut it!" She turns back looking angry. "All of you be quiet or they'll hear us! Come along we have to go after them" Erza says in a stern voice running after you and Sting before hiding behind every object she sees. "I agree if we continue to be this loud we'll get caught for sure" Minerva sides with her as everyone nods in agreement before following Erza and hiding behind the things she did.
"Awesomeeee" I squeel in silent as I'm handed a grilled squid from a old man behind the stand. "How much" I turn to hear Sting say pulling out his money. The man says his price but I hand the money over before Sting gets a chance. "Keep the change old man thanks for the food" I wave with the squid in hand while dragging Sting with the other. "H-hey I was gonna pay" he pouts in a way. "Yea well I owed you one so please let me repay you" I look him straight in the eyes, he looks shocked at my words but sees my sincerity. "Fine.... but desserts on me" he says accepting it extending his arm, "Deal" I smile shaking his hand before continuing to walk down the stands eating the squid pointing at all the different foods.
"I thought guys were supposed to treat girls on dates" says Lucy confused. "Its not a date", Natsu states again still annoyed. "Maybe he didn't have enough money" Happy questions. "Are you kidding me Sting is loaded there's nothing he can't buy" Lector confidentiality says putting down the rumor. "Except a grilled squid" Rio says squinting his eyes looking at you and Sting walk further down the stands as lector glares at him. "Sting was definitely about to pay" Erza confirms. "I agree and he looked upset when he didn't I'm sure y/n had her reasons which is why Sting allowed her, other wise he would've never let her waste a dime" Rouge adds backing up his friend.
"Those noodles were so good" I say after eating the last bite my chopsticks had. "S-spicy" Sting says after swallowing his last bite as well. His face looks pale as he pants heavily. "Well why did you eat all of them!" I say running to a near by stand and carrying back water, he chugs it all down then lets out a sigh in relief. "Cause you said you liked them" he says looking at the ground with his burning lips trying to process what he just ate. I smiled at his words and then chuckled at his reaction. "Come on you can't stop eating now you said you buy me dessert" I tug at his jacket then he looks up and gives me a soft smile before continuing to walk down the aisle.
"What a whimp" Grey mumbles satisfied but annoyed. "What you say grey" Lucy turns to looks at him. "Uh nothing, I didn't say anything" she shrugs it of turning back along with grey. Seeing you and Sting still walking together you feed him dumplings you bought at a stand and smile at Sting's reaction to the spicy sauce. 'She looks like an idiot smiling at him like that honestly she should stop before she scares him away' he convinces himself but the jealousy in his eyes goes unnoticed by him.
"All that food was worth every penny good thing I still have room for dessert" I smile at my words while rubbing my stomach till I hear soft music playing not to far away. I turn and walk towards the sound. 'Something about music reminds me of Mizu' I see people dancing to a beautiful melody. I smile at the sight they look happy and I begin to hum with the music. "Do you like the song" Sting pops up behind me. "Ah!" I say moving over. "Sorry" he says scratching the back of his head. I smile at his reaction. "Yea music reminds me of water it's soothing like calm streams but can have feeling like rapids in rivers" I say looking at the people dance infront of me.Sting lets out a blush looking at you look away. 'She's pretty' he thinks in full honesty. "Then *clears throat* w-would you dance with me" he asks looking at me in the eyes. "Huh! Like right now, I never danced with anyone im more of a soloists ya kn-" I say waving my hands with all my excuses backing up till someone bumps me towards him. I lose my balance but he catches me. "Who did that" I try looking back. "Come on", "H-huh" he says pulling me to the middle of the dance floor.
"Nice! Good job happy and Lector" Lucy says complimenting them as they fly over taking off the coat they wore to hid there faces as they hovered in human height. They look back to see Sting pulling you to the dance floor. "Atta boy Sting" Lector cheers with Frosch. While everyone looks in awe natsu is passed out on the ground after Lucy somewhat knocked him out.
"Sting are you sure I mean-" I panic. 'What if I step on his feet' I get embarrassed. "Calm down y/n, here let me show you" he looks down at me smiling before grabbing my right hand. I calm down a bit as I look up towards him. He takes my left hand and gently places it on top of his shoulder. Then he grabs my waist pulling me closer to him, I almost feel our bodies touch as I turn in embarrassment making my face a bit red. 'To close what if he can smell the garlic bread i ate'.
"Hey! get back down grey what if they see you!" Lucy says raising her arm in panic, seeing Grey getting up and take a step towards the moment happening infront of them. He stops and realizes what happened.
"This is boring im heading back to the room" he says with his face dark walking back to Sabertooth's guild. Then Natsu shoots up. "I'm hungry come on happy and Rio lets get some food" he runs back towards the stands. "Hey Natsu wait- aw and it was just getting good" Lucy whines but still goes after Natsu. "Guess he forgot about his sister's date", "I think so too" as Frosch and Lector agree Rouge and Minerva high five. "I think we spied enough we should also enjoy the festival" Erza says smiling at Sabertooth's members. 'Guess she wants us to head back' they think in unison.
"I'm sorry Sting" I say after stepping on his foot looking at the ground. "Y/n, just follow my lead" I look up at him wide eyes then i calm down from the awkwardness letting out a smile and nod in agreement. With that my movements become less stiff as I laugh at his encouraging comments throughout it all, the song comes to an end he spins me one last time then dips me but doesn't bring me back up. I hear the song end."Y/n-" he begins as I look at him confused.
"Isn't that Sabertooth's master" A random person says. "Yes i believe so" another agrees as whispers become louder after the song ended. I turn after Sting says my name to see the mumbles spread in the crowd. "Hey so who's this master" I look back and he finally brings me back up from the dip letting me go. "Dammit it's too loud here" he looks annoyed. "Come on" he grabs my arm again running away from the scene. We ended up on a random building's roof only place people weren't. 'I want that dessert why'd we have to leave the stands', I slouch in disappointment. "What's wrong" I hear Sting say walking next to me. "Uh nothing...anyway why are we on a roof and that master crap don't tell me your Sabertooth's gramps?" I look at him questioning. "G-gramps?" He's taken back. "Uh what i mean is are you Sabertooth's guild master"? I awkwardly smile and elaborate. "Yea I am, cool huh" he smirks.
"No way you're so young!" I say in a shocked voice. "Surprising huh, but forget about that master crap for now" he winks looking at me then moves towards me turning me to face the festival we just left. "Look the lights are turning on". My eyes widen at the sight, the sun sets as night falls, the lights from the festival turned on and it was another one of the most beautiful views I've seen. "Its so bright" I say lost looking at the scenery. "Y/n that time i helped you out that medicine was it for Rio"? I looked to see him sitting down, I moved to sit down next to him but not so there's arm distance between us. "Well yea who else would it be for" I say.
He lets out a relieved smile and we both turn back to look at the festival lights seeing people dance and have a good time. I can't help but smile at the sight. Although you're still looking straight ahead Sting turns to look at you the look you have on your face makes him blush as he extends his arm over to you. "I-" you begin as he freezes. *sighs* "I never got a chance to thank you properly Sting. I'm really grateful to you for helping me out. Without you i don't know what would have happened to Rio. So thank you" I let out a smile and turn to him. He's taken back. "I'm glad I could help" the hand he extended before pats the top of my head I just look at him blankly. Then he stops "so how about that dessert" he stands up and I'm confused on what just happened but ignore it. "Sounds good".
We head back to the stands and I get some icecream we talk a bit more till I see a flash of pink run from the stands. 'Was that natsu?' I think but I shake the thought as he's in his room back at Sabertooth's guild. "Hey y/n lets head back its starting to get late and I don't want natsu to worry" Sting says. I agree and we head back to the guild. Entering its quiet no ones around and sting walks me back to my room with the girls. "Y/n d-did you have a good time?" I turn to look at Sting staring at the ground. "Yea I did it was nice to hang out with another friend" I smile letting out a chuckle, though you didn't notice Sting got struck in the heart. "Ill see you tomorrow then, good night sting" I look at him before entering the room. "N-night" was all he said before I closed the door.
'F-friend' Sting is lost in his thoughts at the word. "Total bust", Lector says. "I think so too" Frosch agrees. "What are you guys still doing here", Sting walks up to his team. "We wanted to see how your date went", Minerva answers. He looks up then his face goes sour. "I don't think she thought of it as a date" he lets out hopelessly. "Well she thinks of you as a friend thats something you have to start somewhere" Rouge says trying to lighten the mood. "Yea Rouge's right Sting sooner then later she'll fall for your charms no doubt about that" Lector says in all confidence. "Alright then-" just as he's about to say something he feels many glares coming from behind him then a hand is placed on his shoulder. "Let's have a chat sting" he turns to see natsu and two cats behind him all sharing the same raging glare. Sting begins to sweat.
The others all bail leaving Sting on his own. "Listen Natsu nothing happened between us I swear" Sting says frantically trying not get in trouble while natsu sits in silence with Rio and Happy. "What are your intentions with y/n" Rio flies up. "Yea you want to keep her all to yourself huh! so she can join Sabertooth!" Happy says joining Rio, Natsu's face darkens. "What! no I just wanted to be friends with her" he says giving them a answer. They fall back. "What should we do with him boss" Happy says in a loud whisper. "I say we lock him up" Rio and Happy nod in agreement.
"Tell me was today a date" natsu breaks his silence looking up. "N-no she doesn't think it was" Sting says in honesty. "What did you think" natsu stands. "I just wanted to show her the festival as friends no date planned" he says taking steps back putting his hands up in defense. A long pause fills the room. "Well then why didn't you say that sooner, although I am mad you went to a festival with y/n before me ill let it slide cause she looked happy" natsu smiles and the room with tension clears. "I'm sorry" Sting manages out. "That's it?! Your not gonna touch him?" Rio says quickly. "All that spying for nothing" Happy lets out exhausted. "Come on lets head back to the room" Natsu says beginning to walk away. "Oh and sting... touch y/n's hand again and ill burn your arm to a pile of ashes" natsu turns back glaring but then smiles "See you tomorrow" and walks away with Rio and Happy following him. 'I dodged death' Sting flops to the floor in relief then heads to bed too.
"Tell me everything" Lucy says still up after I walk into the room. "Tell you what" i say walking over to my bed pulling up my bag with clothes. "You know about your date" she squirms. I drop the bag, "d-date?" I'm taken back by the words. "Yea you and sting" she throws herself on my bed" I turn to see the others looking with a smile of anticipation. "It wasn't a date" I says in all seriousness.
"You're kidding right" Lucy still pressuring. "No im serious it wasn't a date I went to see the festival to thank him fully as a friend for saving Rio what made you think it was a date?" I pick the bag back up and start changing my clothes. "Uh- All that excitement for nothing" Lucy says disappointed heading back to her own bed. "I mean it was our fault for assuming" Wendy says clearing the air. I look up after putting on shorts and a shirt to sleep in. I begin to laugh. "You guys are funny" they smile at me as I wrap my scarf around my neck, I climb into bed. "Goodnight guys" I say and they say it back turning off our lamps that were next to our beds we all fall asleep.
"You've managed to escape" I hear a voice echo but it's pitch black. 'Escape?!' I look around and see nothing the air around me feels cold. "Who ar-" A gush of wind suddenly blows behind me I feel a presence grow 'Death!' I sense it as they grab my shoulder before I could turn around. "I'VE FINALLY FOUND YOU STAR OF THE SEA"!.
My eyes shoot open as I try to catch my breath. "W-who was that" I'm shaken sitting up in the bed I look to see the girls still asleep. My head stings trying to remember the dream I grab my head in pain. 'Im parched' My breaths haven't calmed as I climb out of bed my feet wobble "I need water" I whisper under my heavy breath I manage to exit the room without waking anyone.
Walking around the empty guild i can't shake the presence that appeared in my dream. Trying to clear my mind I look around the dark hall. 'This place is real creepy at night might be haunted' I let out a weird look I hug myself continuing to look around then feel someone walk up behind me I turn "WAH PLEASE DON'T POSSESS ME!" I put my arms up as I fall to the ground. I can feel myself shaking i don't look up. "Whats with you" I snap out of it and feel my hand being brought down. "Oh its just you fosty" I look up to see him kneeling down infront of me.
"What do you mean it's just me" he says annoyed imitating me. "What gives why are you walking around the guild in the middle of the night" I snatch my hand back looking away in embarrassment getting up. "I could ask you the same thing" he stands up looking down at me. "Non of your business" I look back up at him. 'I hate that he's taller then me'. "Dont tell me your sneaking around to see your boyfriend, what hanging out earlier wasn't enough?" He says in all seriousness but I take it as a tease. "I woke up to get some water you stupid snowman"!
He takes a step back and I turn continuing to walk. "It's so dark" I mumble under my breath squinting my eyes. The room suddenly lights up, "huh who turned on the lights" I look around. "I did, you're not scared of the dark anymore are you" I get annoyed. "I'm not scared of the d- *gasp*" I turn to see him hold up a tourch with a smirk on his face. "Why are you half naked where are your clothes"! I cover my eyes quickly. "HUH!" I hear him say. 'Six pack' I begin to think of the image my face goes red as I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts. 'What am I thinking'.
I begin to turn back in the direction of the room with the girls. 'I gotta get out of here' I still have my eyes closed not looking where I was going. "Ah", "ow" I bump into someone and just my luck I think I know who it is. I move my hands from my eyes and look to see him hovering over me. I can feel the heat on my face grow. The eye contact we have feels like we've been staring at eachother forever.
Our eyes shake and my breath is still heavy. 'He's too close' I manage to close my eyes and I feel him move off me. "I'm sorry" he lets out and begins to walk in the opposite direction from where I was headed. "N-no i was the one- uh nevermind I'm going to bed!" I get up quickly stomping back to my room. I open the door and shut it quickly but quietly as I jump back into bed. 'That damn frosty' I close my eyes frustrated while my face cools off.