A Lead

Waking up to the light hitting my face, I lift my head slowly from my pillow. Trying to block the light in my eyes I begin to raise my hand till I realize my arm was weighted down. Looking to see why, I realize I had brought Hikari home. She's still sound asleep curled up in my arms.

'She looks so peaceful like a little doll'

I smile down at her before removing my arm out from under her gently but reluctantly, trying not to wake her.

I lift myself up, moving over her quietly as I can till I reach the edge of the bed. Sitting up I look back to see her in the same curled up position just on my pillow this time. I grab the covers that slipped off as I tried getting out of bed raising it so it reaches her neck. Standing up from the bed I let in a big deep breath and let it out with a sigh. Standing in silence for a quick minute i begin stretching out my arm as I sway side to side.

"Ok lets make some grub" I say in a whisper after putting my hands on my hips.

I begin making breakfast for everyone. Some eggs, bacon, pancakes, and tea, the usual. Lucy wakes up from the smell removing her blanket in a hurry causing Rio who was asleep next to her, to be knocked awake from the motion.

"Yesss fluffy pancakes" she says in a squeel with her hands together after running over. "Morning Lucy" I say in a chuckle, she says it back before heading to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

"And done", I say before flipping the final pancake. Portioning out the food on different plates in the corner of my eye I see Lucy come out the bath fully dressed ready. "Hey so do you know the plan for-" she begins but I rush right past her.

"Your plates right there Lucy, imma take a quick shower before Hikari wakes up" I say as I pass her before closing the door behind me.

Turning on the water I wait for it to heat up as I take off my night clothes. I step into the shower feeling relaxed as the warm water hugs my body. I wash my hair and body before looking up letting the water hit my face as I close my eyes grabbing onto the necklace Mizu gave me.

'I could stay in here for hours'

But in the end I had to get out, changing into my outfit for today.

Wrapping my scarf in my hair as a headband with the necklace from Mizu still on, I leave the bathroom hanging my towel at the door before closing it

"These scrambled eggs, are so good" Lucy says with a mouth full as I smile walking back over to the other plates I set out. I turn to see Rio still in bed sitting up staring at nothing as if being thrown out of bed wasn't enough to wake him up, I roll my eyes before lifting his breakfast.

"Rio come get your plate", he turns snapping out of it yawning and stretching before flying over and grabbing the plate from my hand. Seeing him fly away to sit near Lucy I raise my other hand that had my tea I take a sip before turning from hearing the window crash open.