Chapter Seven

Scar ran to Rafiki's tree and saw Sarafina's body. He nudged her but she didn't answer. "Wake up, please!" Said Scar. She didn't answer. He cried but glared at Rafiki. "It's your fault! You didn't save her in time! I knew we shouldn't have a baboon in the place of a Mjuzi. You're useless", said Scar. Sarabi tried to comfort him. "Scar, she might be gone but the cub is alive and healthy. You want to see the cub?" Asked Sarabi. Mufasa held the cub and gave him to Scar. Scar teared up when he saw the resemblance to Sarafina. "It's a girl", Muttered Scar quietly. "Yes she is. She's beautiful too", said Sarabi.

"I wanted a boy! She died just for me to see that she made a girl! I am so done! I'm not raising the cub. She will grow up to be a brat like her mother", said Scar. "Scar! That's enough! I understand you're upset and all but this is your daughter! You can't just neglect her", said Sarabi. Scar laughed. "I can and I will", said Scar. Sarabi was enraged. She looked at Sarafina's body one more time. She cried. "I feel so bad, Sarafina. I'm so sorry", said Sarabi. Her tear fell into Sarafina's fur. Sarabi continued looking down sobbing. She felt a hug around her shoulders. She paused and looked up and saw Sarafina.

"Sarafina? You're alive? How?" Asked Sarabi. "It was Naanda who did this. She sacrificed her spirit so I could come back", said Sarafina. Sarabi cried. "Scar! She's alive!" Said Sarabi. Scar hugged her and cried. "I promise I will take great care of the cub. She is so beautiful", said Scar. Sarafina's green eyes opened up. "She?" Asked Sarafina. "Yes it's a she. You have a beautiful baby girl", said Sarabi. Sarafina cried as she hugged Scar and Sarabi. Sarabi grabbed the cub and gave it to Sarafina. Sarafina cried as she hugged her daughter. "Oh my! She's so beautiful! I will name her Nala", said Sarafina.

Nala giggled. Sarafina cuddled with her but still felt tired. "I need to take a rest. You go home with Daddy Scar, okay?" Asked Sarafina. Nala giggled and walked with Scar. He sighed and didn't make any eye contact with her. They went to the Nursery. Everyone welcomed Nala. Diku hugged her. "Oh my! She's so beautiful!" Said Dwala. Nina saw the cub and cried. She embraced her granddaughter. "She's perfect", said Nina. Scar grumbled but was quiet. Nina glared at Scar and walked away. Scar tried to lie down alone but Nala kept tugging on his tail. "Leave me alone!" Said Scar. Nala started tearing up and cried loud. Nina walked to comfort her. She stared at Scar in anger.

"How could you treat your own daughter like this?" Asked Nina in anger. "She's a brat", said Scar. Nina gasped. "And she's your daughter and my granddaughter too. If you hurt her or my daughter, I will end you. Do not try me", said Nina. Scar laughed. "Yeah. Okay whatever, grandma", said Scar. Nina growled. "Why did Mufasa let you back in? You're such an ass", said Nina. Scar laughed. Nala laughed too with him. "Even my daughter thinks you're nuts", said Scar. "Shut up before I do some real damage to you", said Nina. She walked away before he could reply. Scar took a look at Nala's face. He placed her on his back.

"You can sleep with me for now but when your mother is awake, you're staying with her", said Scar. Nala cooed and fell asleep. Mufasa saw Scar and Nala sleeping together and he smiled. "They're so adorable, Sarabi. I'm telling you he changed", said Mufasa. "Why did he call her a brat then?" Asked Sarabi. Mufasa looked down. "Because he was upset because of Sarafina's "death". I'm really not sure how she came back to life", said Mufasa. "She said Naanda had something to do with it but maybe she just passed out. Rafiki never checked her pulse to be fair", said Sarabi.

"That's true", said Mufasa. They both sat together watching Scar and Nala sleeping.

END OF CHAPTER..