Chapter Twelve

Scar walked to the Elephant Graveyard and saw Shenzi waiting for him. "What is it?" Asked Scar. "It's Zira. I think I found her alive. One of the hyenas saw a lioness that strangely resembled her hunting not so far from here", said Shenzi. Scar laughed. "You're lieing. I watched her own mother kill her with my own eyes", said Scar. Shenzi didn't laugh. "Oh, you're serious? Well, let me to talk to that hyena then", said Scar. Shenzi led him to a female hyena. "This is the one who saw her", said Shenzi. Scar looked at her. "Are you sure that you saw Zira? Are you positive?" Asked Scar.

"Yes sir. She had the head stripe and everything. She had red eyes. She even had the notch in her ear", said the hyena. Scar was shocked. "What's your name?" Asked Scar. "My name is Haya, sir", said the hyena. Scar nodded. "You're making this up", said Scar. "Sir, I swear on Shenzi's life that I'm not making it up. I saw her. I didn't realize it was her before it was too late", said Haya. Scar looked down. "Yeah okay", said Scar. Shenzi was angry. "Scar, she's telling the truth. She never lies", said Shenzi.

"Oh my! A hyena that never lies! She's not like other hyenas, let me guess", said Scar. "That's enough, Scar. You will not talk to my clan member like that", said Shenzi. Scar sighed. "Okay fine. I believe Haya the never lieing hyena", said Scar. Shenzi was angry but was calm. "Scar, we told you that she was alive just so you can be happy again. We should've not told you about her", said Shenzi. Scar heard a roar in the distance. "I got to go. My stupid brother is calling for me. See you later, hyenas", said Scar.

"Wait a second. You forgot our prey", said Shenzi. "Listen, I tried but no buffalos want to be caught", said Scar. Shenzi scoffed. "Excuses! Excuses! You're a lion for Ahadi's sake, you're not no meerkat", said Shenzi. "I will later. I need to see Mufasa", said Scar. Shenzi rolled her eyes but let him walk away. Scar went to the Pridelands and saw Mufasa waiting for him. "Scar, are you okay?" Asked Mufasa. "Yes I'm fine. Quit watching me like I'm a cub", said Scar. Mufasa growled. "You were suppose to show up for your hunting patrol", said Mufasa.

"That concerns me, how?" Asked Scar. "Scar, you do realize a hunting patrol is not just for us but for your whole pride. Right?" Asked Mufasa. Scar scoffed. "Whatever", said Scar. He walked past Mufasa. Mufasa sighed. Scar went to the main den and saw Sarafina nursing off of four cubs. "My goodness! You had more?!" Asked Scar. "No. Diku and Dwala had their cubs", said Sarafina. Scar sighed. "Okay", said Scar. Sarafina looked at Scar and he walked away. She really missed his sweet and innocent self but she brushed it off and gave her daughter a bath. Diku and Dwala's cub went to their mothers while Sarafina and Nala was alone.

Sarafina saw a young dark brown lion who resembled Nia a little bit. "Nia?" Asked Sarafina. "No. It's Bibi. Sarafina, I have really bad news. I don't think you're going to make it. Even if you try to split your soul with Naanda, you will die but if you let her take your soul, you will suffer her same fate. You have to pick a choice either you want to split souls with her or just let her stay. I'll give you until you fall sleep", said Bibi. Sarafina started tearing up. She held her daughter up close. "What's wrong, mother?" Asked Nala.

"Nala, if I'm ever gone for any reason. Will you forget about me?" Asked Sarafina. Nala shook her head. "Of course not mom. Why would you be gone?" Asked Nala. "Let's just say the world doesn't want mommy anymore. Will you remember me?" Asked Sarafina. Nala nodded. She was confused as Sarafina was sobbing. She held her daughter tight and started sobbing. "I'll be right back, baby", said Sarafina.

END OF CHAPTER..