Chapter Fourteen

Sarabi was proud to have made it. She was a mother now to a beautiful strong and healthy cub. Nina gave her the cub. The cub had golden pelt like their father. The cub mewed at her. "Aw. It's so adorable", said Diku. "Is it a boy or girl?" Asked Sarabi weakly. Nina was confused. "I'm not sure", said Nina. Mufasa looked at the cub and sniffed it. "I think it's a boy", said Mufasa. Sarabi started smiling. "A prince?! Congratulations Sarabi and Mufasa", said Sarafina. "I'm not sure though. We need Rafiki to confirm the cub", said Mufasa.

"Did someone say my name?" Asked a voice. They turned around and saw Rafiki. Rafiki was in shock to see Sarabi's newborn cub. He picked up the cub. "I'm so sorry Sarabi", said Rafiki. "It's okay", said Sarabi. He looked at the cub and nodded. "It's a boy", said Rafiki. Everyone cheered. "What would you like to name the cub, King and Queen?" Asked Rafiki. Mufasa and Sarabi looked at each other. "Simba. Simba is a perfect name", said Mufasa. Sarabi smiled at her mate. "Okay. Simba it is. I will do the presentation in a few days if that's okay", said Rafiki.

Mufasa and Sarabi nodded. Everyone congratulated them on their way out. Sarafina, Diku, and Dwala went to the main den. They saw Scar playing with the cubs. "Aw", said Sarafina. "Oh thank goodness, you're here. They would not stop getting on my nerves. What happened anyways?" Asked Scar. Sarafina looked at the sisters and they shook their head. "Oh nothing, Scar. You look like you need a rest", said Sarafina. Sarafina cuddled with Scar and Nala while Diku and Dwala cuddled with Kula, Chumvi and Tama respectively. Kula, Chumvi, and Tama opened their eyes as their mothers hugged them.

Kula had reddish-brown eyes while her brother Chumvi had the same eye color his sister had as well. Tama had orange eyes. Meanwhile, Rafiki painted a picture of the new Prince in his cave. He heard a faint giggle. He followed the giggle and saw a female mandrill. "How did you get in?" Asked Rafiki. "I have my ways. The name is Bashira. I need a home. I had a horrible wildfire", said Bashira. Rafiki started shuddering. "I had that happen to me in my childhood too. My whole troop died. I was the survivor", said Rafiki. "I am too. My mate and children died", said Bashira.

"Well you see I never had a mate or children of my own but it would be cool though", said Rafiki. Bashira smiled. "I will have a word with the king just so he knows that you're staying here with me for now", said Rafiki. "Really? Thank you so much! I appreciate it", said Bashira. Rafiki smiled and went to the Mufasa's den. He saw Mufasa and Sarabi smiling at their newborn cub. "Mufasa, I found a female mandrill. Can we please take her in? She lost her home to a wildfire", said Rafiki.

Mufasa nodded. "Of course and she's more than welcome to go where she likes", said Mufasa. Rafiki smiled and walked away. Sarabi giggled. "What?" Asked Mufasa. "I think Rafiki has a girlfriend", said Sarabi. Mufasa looked at Sarabi and laughed. "Probably. I mean he needs someone to take his place when he passes but monkeys live long so", said Mufasa. "Well that's true", said Sarabi. Sarabi held her son in her paws and kissed him. "I can't wait for the other cubs to meet him", said Sarabi. "Me too. They will love Simba", said Mufasa.

END OF CHAPTER...