things get weird

don't mind the photo, I couldn't find a photo that I wanted to represent the chapter, so I made my own. you can see where the two photos start and end, but it was close enough.

"hello, Reggie?" Alex asked, waving his hand in front of my face

"huh?" I asked. Alex looked concerned.

"I was asking when you started liking Luke." he repeated.

oh, well, I don't know, I noticed yesterday, but now I think of it, it has been there since forever."

"thought so."

"wait, you knew?"

"yeah, I saw it when we were alive, every time you two sang together, that's why me and Luke broke up. I saw that he liked you, so I ended it, but you were too oblivious to see he liked you." he explained. I immediately felt bad.

"oh my god, I was the reason for your breakup?"

"well, no, it wasn't your fault. it wasn't much of a relationship, more a friendship, so we thought we would be better off as friends. Luke was actually going to ask you after the show."

"ask me what?" Alex let out an exasperated sigh.

"ask you out! geez. what did you think?" truthfully, I knew, but I felt bad for... what, us dying? for Luke not asking sooner? for not realising? I wasn't sure. Alex an I doubled over, jolts hitting us like a bullet.

"+this is becoming exasperating!" Alex groaned.

"it feels like the time I stuck a fork in Julie's toaster." I muttered. (she had told me not to, but I wanted to see what happened. that was the day I realised that ghosts could get electrocuted.)

"you've gotta tell him." Alex said, back on the topic of Luke.

"what! no way, he like Julie now! I don't wanna ruin that relationship too!"

"dude! we're ghosts, it will never work between them!"

"no! I'm not telling him!" I argued. Luke walked in, oblivious to our conversation.

"oh, hey!" I greeted, awkwardly.

"I told Julie about the jolts." he said.

"what? why?" Alex asked.

"she was talking about managers and stuff, and I couldn't let her keep the idea that we were going to be here forever."

"is she okay?" I asked.

"she's really upset. she's up in her room as we speak." 

"Reggie, why don't you go check on her." Alex suggested. I looked at him, surprised.

"what why? Luke just said she was upset! I don't know how to deal with crying girls!"

"just go!" he ordered. I looked at him in suspicion and walked off.

I didn't go see Julie, I saw Ray, who was cooking.

"Alex found out I like Luke, and I think he Is gonna tell him. What do I do?" I asked. Flynn ran inside, upstairs, and into Julie's room. I walked back to the studio, where Alex and Luke were talking.

"Flynn is there now."

"Cool." Luke muttered, obviously annoyed.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm fine! Leve me alone." He grumbled. I sat on the armchair next to them. Alex started to balance his drumstick on his nose, and the awkwardness set in. Not long after, Julie came in.

"Do you guys want to play the Orpheum or what?" she asked. None of us responded. "Get it together!"

"they'll never let us play. People don't just play the Orpheum."

"Ghosts do."