Hollywood ghost club

The three of us stood out in front of the Orpheum. Willie appeared next to us.

"Once the opening band wakes up, they're gonna find themselves two hundred miles outside of Vegas, with no chance of getting back in time. Luke pulled me away, letting Alex and willie talk. We stood a fair distance away, looking at the traffic in awkward silence.

"Soo..." I began. Luke didn't respond.

"What's wrong?" I pressed.

"Nothin." He blocked me off.

"you've been distant ever since you spoke to Alex last night."

"I'm just nervous about this."

"Sure..." Luke rolled his eyes, turning back to Alex. We watched willie leave, and we teleported to the manager's office to get the all-important gig.

Hours later, we watched Julie leave for the Orpheum. Turning around, we saw Caleb, sitting on the piano. I looked to Luke who still wasn't his usual self.

"What do you want?" he spat.

"Such hostility," Caleb began. He was trying to make us rethink the offer, but none of us faltered. suddenly, we were backstage at Caleb's club, wearing fancy suits.

"I know you guys aren't my biggest fans, and an eternity at my club may seem overwhelming, but just humour me this one last pitch." He ran onstage, and we involuntarily followed onstage one by one. I began playing a solo I didn't know. We all looked at each other, scared. We couldn't get away. I hated the lack of control, but deep down, a small part of me wanted to stay. If we joined, there would be no Julie, and then maybe I would have a chance with Luke...