𝟎𝟖: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅

YOU'RE THE DEVIL IN DISGUISE,
OH YES, YOU ARE, DEVIL IN DISGUISE.

YOU'RE THE DEVIL IN DISGUISE,OH YES, YOU ARE, DEVIL IN DISGUISE

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

The employee's room is chaos.

Oliver stays put against the wall, like he's locked, while Holly and Maria bicker loudly over baby Priscilla.

"You've been holding her enough!" Holly points at Maria angrily, trying to snatch Priscilla out of her rocking arms, but Maria doesn't let her-

Shaking her head, "Because she likes me more than you, Holly darling!" My step-mother lifts one gloved arm in the air, as if raining hellfire upon Holly. "She doesn't cry when she's in my loving arms!"

Holly rolls her eyes into the back of her head and continues their banter through loud groans.

I press my teeth together, staring at Oliver for help. He shakes his head and covers his face with his hands in an attempt to trick me into thinking he's disappeared, like he does with Priscilla every day.

It's too late in the night, and all I want is silence.

I sigh, "Ladies!" With the clap of my hands, the two come to a rough silence, "We can't keep Priscilla here over night! Holly, you take her home again!"

My fingers point at Holly and Oliver, and Maria immediately turns to me with a glare. "I am a mother!" She exclaims, "I can take care of her the best!"

I roll my eyes and nod tiredly. "But you're staying here here at Andromeda! Do you have a house you can take Priscilla to?" Silence, "No! You don't!(!" I answer for her.

Maria looks down at the pink wearing baby, defeatedly handing her to Holly, who's smiling like she's won some kind of contest. Holly kisses Priscilla on the forehead and snaps her fingers at Oliver to gather the big, black bag with her diapers in it.

Once they're ready to go, I poke my head through the agape door to see if the coast is clear. Damian's gone home, but we can't let guests see the baby either.