Chapter 6 - The Gang's All Here

Elsa threw the half-broken alcohol bottle and began her true attack. She bounced off the walls, fast enough to see her after images, each time she moved, she picked up speed.

"Fear, true fear. Ah-haha, hope you don't go down too easy now." Elsa's face could only be described as having the manic smile of a murderer. She now began her assault on Wilhelm. With Kukri knives in hand and speed that was similar to teleportation, she attempted to slice cleanly through Wilhelm's guts.

With ease, Wilhelm readjusted his sword and blocked the knife. Elsa leaped back, but before she could even touch the ground, Wilhelm dashed to her and elegantly attempted to strike her before landing. With god-like instinct, she took off her high heels and maneuvered mid-air. Wilhelm's sword struck Elsa's high heels, causing it to stay on his blade. She grabbed onto the stuck heel, to swing down and kick Wilhelm in the back, sending him launching.

"Wilhelm-san!" Subaru shouted. He was worried about the outcome of the fight, but right now he knew something had more priority. Wilhelm could take care of himself, at least for a little bit, but right now the giant Felt was crying over and didn't have much time. He ran over to Felt.

"O-Old Man Rom, stick in there. You can't leave me. I won't let that bitch take you away!" Felt was trying to reassure herself, and Rom at the same time. Tears dropped slowly on his body. She clutched her arms, and her teeth were grinding against each other.

Subaru approached Rom and tried to check if his heart was still beating. He put his head on top of Rom's large figure, and even though faint, a heartbeat was heard.

"He's still alive!" Subaru shouted in excitement before a wave of despair hit him. "In this condition, he won't be for much longer." He said in a low tone, despising himself for not being able to do anything once again.

"You came here to help right? Please... save him." Felt begged him to save her only real family. Rom was all Felt as ever known, and even if she were to leave to slums, without Rom, any victory would be bittersweet at best.

Subaru couldn't look at her, he couldn't look at the hope she had in her crimson eyes. Hope could be the ultimate bringer of despair when faced with an unwinnable situation. The will to fight, dream, and continue living all comes from hope. So, seeing it in the eyes of such a young girl, even if he doesn't know her, or even the fact that most of society would want her to disappear off the face of the earth for stealing. He still couldn't look her in the eyes, because if he did, he would realize he had the same expression as her.

"Whoever's out there, I know I said you messed up if you wanted me to become a hero, and I'm sorry for that, but please. Give me anything, anyone, that could fulfill this girl's wish." Subaru did the only thing he could and gave the girl a prayer and a response. "I'm sorry." With that, the girl's face broke. All the hope those eyes once mustered was destroyed and instead filled with despair. She looked down at the giant's body. With tears no longer forming, all that could be seen as a lifeless stare. Usually, Felt would have gone into the battle, to avenge her adopted grandfather's name, but alas, she wasn't stupid. She saw what Elsa did to Rom and the battle that she was currently in. Felt would die if she were too close.