𝐕𝐈. 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

"COME ON, CAINE! WE'VE GOT A MATCH TO WIN NEXT WEEK!!" Murphy bellowed over the wind, head turning as Rory Caine flew past Edith and Murphy on their brooms, gripping his own tightly.

The third year made a sharp turn, turning into a dive as he fought against the wind, reaching out to catch the falling Quaffle.

He caught it, the back end of his broom brushing the grass below.

"Good! Faster next time, okay!? Rutherford!!" Murphy reared their head, watching as a blond boy, around the age of 16, soared closer, another girl around the same age following after him.

"Yeah, Captain?"

"Take Caine and keep doing your ten points drills. I'll swoop by in a few and see how you're getting on." Murphy instructed.

Edwin Rutherford nodded, a bright smile on his face as he turned to the third year. "Come on, Rory. Let's get a move on."

The two flew off to the other side of the pitch.

"Adler! Reid! Keep working on your passes. Weather's supposed to be crap next Friday, so I want you to soak the Quaffle before you start doing your longer passes. Use the padding on your palms to cup the ball. Keep it in your elbow, not your stomach. Got it?"

"A-Okay, Cap! Let's go, Corbin." Erin smiled, her elbow nudging Corbin Reid's as the two parted ways, flying over each other in a spiralling motion, heading towards the open Quidditch trunk at the centre of the field.

"Okkkaaayyyy...who's left..." Murphy breathed, a finger tapping their chin.

"Diggory." Edith grunted a reminder, her bat striking the Bludger every time it swooped back around, aiming straight for her face.

"Ah, course. DIGGORY!" Murphy screamed. The boy in question appeared not soon after his name was yelled.

"Yeah?"

"Come with me, I want to see how your upwards dives are looking. Let's see if we can get you a bit more aerodynamic, eh? Keep at it Edith, you're doing grand."

Edith smiled. "Thanks, honey!"

"No bother, darling!... Well WHAT'RE YOU DOING JUST SITTING THERE CEDRIC, LET'S GO!" Cedric blinked, shooting off into an upwards dive, with Murphy on his tail, a loud comment here and there about his posture to be heard over the wind.

Edith continued to have a one sided practice with the Bludger, tuning out its odd yapping noise, with each swing of her bat, the muscles in her back loosened, a small feeling of adrenaline pumping through her veins.

The enchanted ball changed it's path, backing her towards the stands.

"Come on, you stupid thing!" She hit it again.

"I think you were wrong!"

Edith choked a smile at the man's voice.

"About what!?"

"Not having to be afraid of you. I think I'd pick Murphy's yelling over your Beaters arm!" Remus replied, hands laced in between his legs, perched on the stand seat that was roughly level with the girl on the broom.