𝐗. 𝐒𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

Their intertwined hands swung back and forth as Remus and Edith strolled up the path, the snow around them still falling steadily. The castle grounds would no doubt be covered by an even thicker layer come tomorrow morning.

They reached the edge of Hogsmeade, with groups of students becoming  more visible. They laughed with their friends, wrapped up in jackets and hoodies, bobble hats and beanies tugged over their ears. They were students of all ages, but third and fourth years were the more prominent out of the rest of the student body.

As Edith and Remus walked further into the village, Remus reluctantly let his hand fall out of hers, instead placing it on the back of her shoulder, making it look more like he was guiding her through the crowds of small groups around them. As they walked, he bent down, muttering into her ear.

"For the sake of appearances to the rest of your classmates, I'd suggest that we keep any physical contact between the two of us. But if its any consolation, I would've preferred to keep holding your hand."

Edith smiled, pulling her yellow and black scarf further up her chin. "You sound like a sixteen year old boy. How old are you again, Professor? "

"Thirty-three, thank you very much. I can still give you detention, you know." Remus raised a brow, but the humour in his tone was there.

"Hey, I'll take it. More time to talk over cups of tea." Edith shrugged, she weaved through students, the various colours of house scarfs were wrapped around their necks, much like her own.

Remus laughed, shaking his head. "Ohh dear me, what have I started." He asked himself in exasperation.

"Something great, I hope." Edith said honestly, a bashful grin on her face.

Remus was about to retort an argument through a smile as they passed the Three Broomsticks, and an idea sprung to mind. "Can I treat you to a Butterbeer? Hopefully it won't be too busy inside..." Remus craned his head as they approached the door, trying to see the busyness of the pub.

As Edith went to reply, the door to the pub burst open on it's own, a force that no amount of natural wind could conjure up. But no one came out.

It was then that Edith noticed footsteps planting themselves in the thick snow, hastily moving away from the door. On a bench beside the pub sat Ron and Hermione, who hadn't seen Remus nor Edith.

Hermione pointed towards the footprints, tapping Ron's shoulder.

"Ron, look!"

They watched as the invisible figure barged into a group of carollers, knowing them down.

Hermione and Ron stood, quickly rushing after the invisible figure, apologies throw over their shoulders as they went.

"That was Harry–"

"In his father's cloak, yes." Remus voiced, sharing the concerned expression for the boy that Edith wore.

The girl glanced between Remus and the trail of footprints where the three had went out of sight.

"I, I don't mean to cut anything short, Remus, but I need to–" Edith gestured towards the gap of space where the kids had raced through, kicking up snow as they went. Whatever Harry heard inside that pub wasn't good.