𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐎𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

"You're lucky Miss Finch was there, Mister Potter. Impacting the ground like that wouldn't have been pretty." Madam Pomfrey commented, pushing past the Gryffindor Quidditch team that surrounded Harry's bed, standing opposite a sitting Murphy, their gloved hand cradling Edith's. Pomfrey checked her temperature, then turned, hurrying over to Cedric, who sat on a bed across the room, his team (bar Murphy and Edith) snoozing on various chairs around his bed.

Remus sat on a chair beside the metamorphmagus, his fingers laced across his stomach.

The Professor had attempted to excuse himself when Edith was safely passed into the care of the Hogwarts Healer, but Murphy was the one to tug on his sleeve, dragging him down into a spare chair beside the girl's bed. The Monroe hadn't let him leave since.

"I'm lucky she was there, then." Harry said, peaking around the half closed curtain between their beds to watch the sleeping girl.

"She's an idiot. A brave idiot, but an idiot none the less." Murphy grumbled, but everyone could hear the notes of pride in their voice.

Ron nervously held a bundle to his chest. "Actually, Harry... there's something else you should know too. Um.. when you fell, your broom- it sort of... blew into the Whomping Willow and... Well ..." Ron spluttered, unwrapping the bundle in his arms, a destroyed broom now on show.

At the sight of it, Harry deflated.

"He can use mine."

The group of Gryffindor's, the Professor (and a couple of Hufflepuff's) turned their heads, seeing an awake Edith stare at the broom with sympathy.

"Edith." Murphy breathed, standing to lean over the girl.

"Murph." Edith greeted, the fog in her voice beginning to clear. "Did we win? Please tell me we won. I'd hate to have thrown myself off a broom for nothing."

"We... uh..?" Murphy glanced over at the Gryffindor team in apprehension.

Fred shrugged. "Tell her, Monroe."

Murphy looked back at the girl, a proud smile on their face. "We won. Diggory caught the snitch, well, he caught it as he was falling, but he caught it. I tried to tell Madam Hooch that there was no way a fair win could be reached after all that shit -- sorry, Professor -- but she wouldn't listen. We tried, believe me." Murphy looked over their shoulder, shrugging at the team in red. "Sorry lads. Give Oliver my regards?"

"We'll be sure to let him know after he stops trying to drown himself in the showers." George remarked casually, arms crossed over his chest.

Murphy's brows raised. "Right.... noted." They turned to Edith. "Long story short, we won."

"Oh, good. How- How's Cedric?"

"...Unbelievable." Remus let out a quiet, incredulous laugh.

Edith raised a brow, turning her head to stare at the man in the chair. "Something funny, Lupin?"

"You've just woken up from passing out with exhaustion after you risked for life to very bravely safe a friend, by throwing yourself off of a broom and free falling through the sky towards an open pitch, nearly five hundred feet below you, transformed into your Animagus form while in the air, transformed back , all while catching said friend." Remus up, towards Harry. He continued. "You take the majority of the hits against the soaking wet ground, stand and attempt to carry Harry to the Hospital Wing all by yourself. After all that, you ask how someone else is? "