𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

"Nice doggy... nice doggy!" Ron whimpered, clutching to Harry and Hermione as the four teens backed up, Edith stood in front of them, her arms spread wide around the kids behind her.

She couldn't look away from him, the man she cared for, now the creature inside, prowled towards them, a wild look in his dark eyes.

A figure sprung up from the ground, angry eyes landing on the third years behind Edith.

Snape surged forward, having no idea what was behind him.

"There you are, Potter!"

"Bigger problems, Professor!" Edith shouted, staring over his shoulder.

The man's face creased in confusion, but a roar sounded and he whirled around, backing into the group in a similar stance to Edith.

Remus raised a long, clawed hand and swung.

The group fell back, a scream of fright leaving Hermione.

Remus raised his other paw for another swipe, now in Harry's direction, but a large dog burst through the bushes, launching himself at the Werewolf.

It knocked them both over, and the two went tumbling across the grass.

Edith stood quickly, her body shifting at her command.

The Finch flew away from the pile, whipping around in circles around the Werewolf and Sirius. She couldn't do much in her form, but she could try and distract Remus long enough for Sirius to get some ground back.

The teens and Snape watched as the dog and the bird tried to control the Werewolf, but he threw Sirius in the teens direction.

He rolled, standing soon after.

Edith continued to fly around the Werewolf, narrowly avoiding the swipes of claws.

Sirius barked, but the Finch didn't back away from the giant wolf.

Sirius growled, and Remus looked away from Edith, who circled away to get some distance.

Both of them growled, and they pounced, meeting with an onslaught of claws and teeth in the middle.

Lupin threw Sirius behind him, turning to the humans still cowering by the tree. But Sirius was relentless, leaping back into the fight and biting Remus' arm.

Remus took the bait, turning around and swinging a paw. Sirius turned, racing out of the clearing, with Remus on his tail. Edith swooped back down, flapping quickly as she sped after the two.

The animals went out of sight.

"Sirius! Edith!" Harry exclaimed, breaking free of Snape's hold and racing around the corner after them.

Harry watched as Remus threw Sirius on a rock, he whimpered loudly.

Harry sped forward, picking up a rock and tossing it at the Werewolf.

The rock hit Remus' head, and he turned, roaring angrily. The Werewolf started in the boy's direction.

A finch flew in between them, her small body desperately thumping against the Werewolf's chest in an effort to stop him.