1.

Leigh-Anne looked at the woman on the floor. She was curled up into a ball shivering. She crouched down next to the woman placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Get off me. GET OFF ME!!" The blonde snapped.

"Perrie, I'm Leigh-Anne. Your new nurse. I'm here to help"

"I don't need help! I'm not an addict!"

"I didn't say you were. Can you get up off the floor? It's cold and I don't want you to get sick"

"What do you care?"

"You're in my care. So I'm going to take care of you. Come on now, get up" Leigh-Anne helped Perrie up off of the floor and sat her down in her single chair. She pulled some blankets off of the table that she rolled in and began to make Perries bed.

"Listen, I know you're going through it but I have a few rules. You're going to eat, sleep, bathe and try. Did you eat dinner?"

"They didn't bring me food, they haven't for the last few days"

"Are you hungry?"

"Im starving"

"I'll get you something to eat, Why dont you take a bath"

"I can't it hurts too much"

"What hurts?"

"My entire body."

Leigh called in for some dinner for Perrie. She grabbed the large grey padded mat from the bathroom she laid it down on the floor wiping it down before placing a disposable cover over it.
She walked back into the main room helping Perrie into the bathroom.

"Can I take your clothes off?" Perrie nodded. She was so out of it. All she could think about was the euphoric state that she was dying to be in. Leigh-Anne slowly removed her clothes helping her lay down onto the mat. She filled a bucket with warm water and grabbed a washcloth washing the woman's body.

Many of the nurses here didn't give their patients sponge bathes because they didnt care that much but Leigh-Anne loved her job and she took it very seriously. She wanted to help people get better so she worked full time at this rehab facility.

"Fuck!!"

"Are you okay? Am I hurting you?"

"It hurts so bad." she watched as her eyes filled with tears.

Leigh-Anne told her it would be okay and continued with her bath. Perrie grabbed Leigh-Annes arms aggressively, pulling her down so that they were face to face.

"I need it! Please it will take all my pain away please"

"Unhand me please" Perrie held her for a little longer before letting her go.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that. Please don't write me up."

"I wont. But lets not make this a habit. You're going to keep your hands to yourself"

"Yes ma'am"

"Leigh or Leigh-Anne is fine."

"Leigh"

"Mhm" She towel dried Perrie helping her into her underwear and a white jumpsuit that all patients were required to wear in their first month of rehab. She laid perrie down in the bed covering her halfway with the blankets.

"Try not to sleep yet. Your food will be here soon" She looked at Perrie, she had already started dozing off.

"Hey" She tapped her. Perrie jumped up looking around.

"Dont do that!"

"Sorry, try not to go to sleep" Perrie stared at the wall trying to keep her eyes open. She jolted awake when the door opened.

"Edwards, 7/10/93, Third meal" The man said out loud as he wrote it down handing the tray to Leigh-Anne.

"Why haven't your boys been feeding her?" She asked, referring to the teenagers that work seasonal jobs.

"She throws food"

"That doesn't mean not to give me food you asshole" She got out of the bed taking the food from Leigh-Anne.

The man shrugged leaving out.

"You need to try and be nicer to the people who are taking care of you" Leigh-Anne said to perrie who was shoving her face. Once finished she got into the bed she was wide awake now. Leigh-Anne put on some white noise and turned off all the lights.

Perrie stared into pure darkness.

"Ow, fuck its too dark in here" Leigh-anne turned to Perrie when she heard her laugh softly. It made her smile a little bit. She turned on the bedside lamp.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just walked into the table."

"Alright. Good night. I'll be back tomorrow morning" She started walking out.

"Um. . . Leigh?"

"Yeah, do you need something?"

"Can you stay here? Its okay if you can't"

"I can. Let me go grab something and I'll be right back." Perrie nodded.

By the time Leigh-Anne came back Perrie was sleeping. She put on her headphones watching a movie on her laptop. A few hours later Perrie got up going to the bathroom.

"You okay?" Leigh-Anne asked when she came back into the room.

"Yeah, just a stupid little dream"

"Want to watch Lady and the Tramp with me?" Perrie nodded sitting next to the woman. About fifteen minutes in Leigh-Anne felt Perrie leaning on her. She didn't mind. Once the movie finished she closed her laptop. Perrie was sleeping.

"Perrie,Go get in the bed babe"

Perrie got up, going to lay in the bed waiting for Leigh-Anne to join her.

"Are you not going to join me?"

"I cant, sorry. Its against the rules."

"No ones here. I thought they said there are no cameras in the rooms"

"There isnt"

"So why won't you lay with me?"

"You can be my new drug" Perrie said with a smirk

"This is a one time thing"

"Yeah, that's how it all started,and then I got hooked" She whispered the last part to herself.She cuddled up to Leigh-Anne. She forgot what it felt like to touch another human.