18 [Alternative]

"Possible Overdose!? No. She doesn't do drugs. Are you sure she's not just exhausted or something?"

"Listen. Calm down. We're not the police. The drugs are the least of our concerns." The paramedics told Perrie trying to work around her.

"Sir. She doesn't do drugs. I'm telling you."

"We're not sure what's causing it yet. She could just have a concussion from hitting her head or she could have overdosed. We're not sure.Look, I'm going to be honest with you, assuming you're her loved one. She inhaled or snorted something. Her bloody nose, dilated pupils, clammy skin. Look at her fingernails." Perrie held Leigh-Anne's hand looking at her nails. They were blue.

"Is she going to be okay!?"

"Yeah, she must've hit her head pretty hard, so she's probably going to be out of it for a while. If she's not better when she wakes they will probably give her a CT scan.

They took Leigh-Anne straight to a room. She slept for about another two hours before opening her eyes. Her hand went straight to her head. She groaned, laying her head back against the pillow.

"Babe" Perrie put a soft hand on her shoulder.

Leigh-Anne looked at Perrie without turning her head. She could tell she had been crying. Her eyes were puffy and red.

"You scared me Leigh-Anne." Perrie cried, kissing the back of her hand.

"My head. Im sorry, Who are you"

"Leigh-Anne don't play around right now."

"Who's Leigh-Anne?"

"Leigh, are you serious? Please tell me if you're joking, this is not funny. Are you serious?" Perrie's heart was beating out of her chest.

She slapped Leigh-Anne's arm when she saw her chapped lips turn up into a smile.

"What is wrong with you!? Don't play around like that!!"

"Owwwie." Leigh-Anne laughed, it quickly turned into a dry cough.

"Do you need water?"

"No, I'm not joking, when I said I don't know what happened I was being serious."

"What do you remember babe?"

"Doing laundry. I put her clothes in the washer, that's it. My mind. . . it goes blank."

"Do you know how you got here?" She shook her head.

"I'm assuming you brought me here."

Perrie sighed. This was way worse than she thought.

-

"Are you hungry bub?" Leighton was sitting on Sasha's lap with his fist in his mouth.

"What does it mean if a baby has their hands in their mouth?" Sasha asked her voice assistant.

Google said that they were probably bored but she didn't know how she felt about that answer. So she called Perrie.

"Hey mommy, I know you're busy and all but Joey has his hands in his mouth. Does that mean he's hungry? I looked it up and they said he's bored. But i thi-"

"Sasha?"

"I tried to give him a binky. He doesn't want it,should I make him a bottle? If so, how much milk do I give him? Also he didn't use the bathroom yet."

"Sasha,Relax. He's alright. He's just bored. I fed him about three hours ago. So he needs to be fed sometime within the next hour. Play with him, or read to him. He will be okay."

"How's mama. Is she okay?"

"She's alright."

"Will you guys be home soon? I miss you and I need help with the baby."

"Do you need me to come home?"

"No, I just want you and mama to come home soon. This feels weird and I don't like it."

"I don't know when they're going to discharge her baby."

"Can I come to the hospital? I can bring Joey"

"I don't know, baby. Let me try and find out how long she has to stay okay?"

"Okay. I love you mommy"

"I love you too, baby. Tell my pumpkin I love him."

"I will. Tell mama I love her too please."

"Alrighty. I will text you as soon as I know. Keep your phone close."

They said their goodbyes and hung up.

A nurse and doctor came into the room. Asking Leigh-Anne questions.

"Are you a frequent drug user?"

"No"

"Was this your first time?

"No, i didn't use anything"

"Ma'am, in order for us to help you, you have to help us. You're not in any trouble. Actually, can you step out please?" The doctor asked Perrie who nodded leaving the room.

"You can be honest with me." He told Leigh-Anne.

"I didn't, at least i dont remember."

"Alright, well you've tested positive for something we call knock out. A synthetic opioid which, as its name suggests knocks you clean out. We believe that since your body has never been introduced to such hardcore drugs, your reaction to this mixture is more severe."

"How severe are we talking? I feel fine. I mean my head is killing me but I'm fine."

"Okay, thats good to know, As i told the other young woman you hit your head pretty hard. So, we're going to keep you here overnight to observe and if everything checks out you'll be good to go"

"Okay, thank you"

"Oh, and Ms.Pinnock, Dont go back near it, dont touch it, smell it, taste it. It can do you serious harm. I know it seems harmless unless you use it. But it is very dangerous."

"How do i dispose of it?"

"You can bring it here and we will incinerate it. Don't try to do it yourself. It will be anonymous you can put it in the dropoff bin or bring it to me, Okay?"

"Yes, thank you"

He nodded and left the room. Perrie came back in sitting down.

"I think I did drugs" Leigh-Anne said after a while, breaking the silence.