Chapter Thirteen: "Best Friends"

Fitz's Memory/ thoughts:
    It was a month after we had first found Sophie. Keefe and I were hanging out when I found out he liked someone. He refused to tell me who. I still wonder who it was. He asked if I liked anyone. I told him I did and after a bit of persuasion from him, I told him I liked Sophie. "Oh." He said. That was the end of the conversation.

   It was when Sophie and Dex were kidnapped and we all thought they were dead. "I- I wish I could have told Sophie.. told her..." Keefe said, missing the smile that he always had. "Told her what?" Biana asked from behind us. "Told her that..." Keefe continued. He looked at me as he paused. "I wish I could have told her I liked her..." I said, a tear rolling down my face.

     A couple months ago, Keefe told me he still liked someone and he might tell me who but I had to answer his question first. He asked if I still liked Sophie. I told him I did and he sighed. He refused to tell me who he liked.

   So, Keefe knew I liked Sophie. He's known for months. For forever. He knew I've liked her since the day I met her. How could he do this to me? How could he be dating the girl that I've always liked? He always said he liked someone but never told me who. I figured it was because it was Biana. They always seemed to like each other. but.. maybe it was Sophie. Either way, I liked her first and he knew that. How could he do this? And Sophie... I always thought she liked me. Maybe I took too long to ask her out. Maybe she did like me but she got tired of waiting. Either way, she was now with Keefe.  How. Could. He?

    Life sucks. I hate life.