11 - A moment away

guys js so yk these posts are going along with the storyline- some are some aren't AKA this one isn't going along with the storyline aspen and dalton's fans don't know aspen is pregnant yet

Okay, to be honest, I was kind of hiding something for the past few weeks. Well, we (as in Me, Vita, and Rosa) were hiding something.

The boys had no idea and we were doing our best to keep it a secret from them.

You see I had just turned 9 weeks pregnant and I was stressed as hell. Mainly because Dalton told Scarlet about me being pregnant and she was trying to put me on fucking maternity leave.

Flashback

"Scarlet." I called out, walking into her office as her assistant rushed in behind me.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I tried to tell her to wait to come in-" Scarlet cut him off by putting her hand up in the air.

"It's okay. Make sure you close the door on your way out." She nodded towards the door as he sighed and left, closing the door like she asked. "What happened, Aspen?"

"What the hell is Dalton talking about?" I asked, holding up my phone as if there was something on there. "Why are you trying to put me on maternity leave?"

"Aspen, it's for the best." She said, shuffling with a few papers on her desk.

"Scarlet, I'm pregnant. Not handicap. This doesn't stop me from being able to work." I protested, trying to get her to understand. "I still have to provide for this child. What am I gonna do if I'm out of work?"

"Aspen, I don't want you stressing yourself out too much and putting your baby at risk. That's still my niece or nephew and family will always come first to me, no matter what. You fucking fainted the other day and we had no idea why. Besides, it's not healthy for you to be on these strict diets while you're pregnant." She explained as I sighed, realizing she was right.

"But I still need to work Scarlet. I have no other source of income because you're literally like my manager. All my brand deals? You. All my sponsorship's? You. Literally my paycheck comes from you." I groaned, going to sit at one of the chairs in front of her desk.

"Aspen, I'm not changing my mind. You can't work as much as you used to. You used to put your all into this job and now you need to put most of that energy in taking care of yourself and your child." She told me, making me cover my face with my hands.

"Scarlet, please. I'm not asking for much. Even if I only do two shoots a week. Or just a brand deal or sponsor every now and then. Just something, anything." I pleaded, looking up at her sadly.

I noticed her thinking it over and I felt myself growing nervous. What was I going to do if I couldn't work anymore? I was only six weeks pregnant and couldn't be losing my job.