26 - Apologies & Memories

2 chapters left 🥲🫶🏾

"I'm so fucking scared right now

"I'm so fucking scared right now." I said, pacing back and forth.

"What if she says no? What if she breaks up with me? What if she tries to take the girls and leave me?" I ranted, running my fingers through my hair.

"Dalton!" Vita raised her voice, making me stop and turn towards her.

"I only know as much as Aspen tells me but I also know my baby sister. Since you guys have got together, she has been happier. You make her really happy and I just know she wouldn't break up with you. It's okay to be nervous but just make sure when you guys get there that you explain everything about that girl to her." Livi said to me, making me pause.

"I still feel bad that I ruined your surprise but she would have found out one way or another." Vita frowned, looking between Livi and I.

Vita didn't actually know I was meeting up with Lily to help me set up my proposal for Aspen. She didn't mean to show her the post but she was right, Aspen would've seen it eventually.

"I'm nervous." I stated, going and picking up Acacia off the couch.

She smiled, showing off her gums and hit my cheek. I laughed, instantly feeling better as I held her in my arms.

"Where's Diara?" I asked, not seeing her in Vita's living room.

"In my bed sleep with Kayden." Vita said and I nodded, rubbing Acacia's back.

I checked the time on my watch, feeling Cia slump her head on my shoulder. I noticed I only had enough time to shower and get dressed before I had to leave.

"Someone take Cia while I go shower, please." I nervously said, biting my lip.

Livi stood up and grabbed her and Cia instantly pouted, trying to reach for me. I knew she would start crying so I just hurried out of the room before I stayed and grabbed her again.

All my stuff was already in the guest room so I made a beeline for Vita's room first.

I quietly walked in, seeing my baby asleep on the bed, her foot on Kayden. Kayden was sitting up, watching cocomelon on the TV as he stayed quiet, playing with some of his toys.

I picked Diara up and kissed her cheeks, not waking her up as she needed her nap before later.

"Be good, little man." I pointed to Kayden once I put Di down and he smiled at me.

Hopefully, this shower can cool my nerves.

☆ ☆ ☆

Aspen was sleeping when I left the house to drop the girls off and I set up some notes for her to get ready.

Knowing how long she slept, she should be getting ready to walk out the house right now.

I had trailed roses and fake candles from our room to the door and I was standing outside with a bouquet of her favorite flowers.