2. sick

when hope woke up from her sleep, she once again realized that she wasn't in her bedroom. she was in the bedroom she woke up in yesterday.

"not again." hope whined. she rolled over in bed, but thomas wasn't in there. hope got out of bed and took a zip-up jacket laying on his floor, putting it on and leaving his bedroom to go downstairs.

"what's that smell?" hope asked as she walked into the kitchen.

"it's...pancakes?" thomas questioned.

"it smells horrible." hope groaned, covering her mouth with her hand and trying to keep calm.

"you're very pale." thomas's roommate said.

"i don't even know you, how can you even tell if i'm pale." hope frowned.

"im matty, that's jacob. great now you know us. you're very pale." matty said.

"yeah, you are pale." thomas agreed. "you feel okay?"

"i feel dizzy?." hope groaned. "where's your bathroom?"

thomas widened his eyes and grabbed hope's hand, bringing her to the bathroom. hope dropped down to the floor and threw up into the toilet. thomas held her hair back out of her face for her.

"this never happened, okay?" hope told him, flushing the toilet and getting up.

"no, it did happen. are you alright?" thomas asked. hope ignored him and pushed passed him to go to his bedroom.

"hope, you can't just ignore this." thomas said.

"oh yes i can." hope growled. she changed into her clothes from the previous night and put the dirty clothes in thomas's basket.

"what if you're pregnant?" thomas blurted out. hope scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"yeah, i'm so pregnant." hope chuckled angrily.

"take a test. that way we know for sure." thomas told her.

"and what if i don't?" hope asked.

"then i'll get you a test myself. i'll get the best ones out there." thomas said.

"how do you even know if it's yours?" hope questioned, crossing her arms over her chest.

"have you slept with anyone recently besides me?" thomas asked. hope stayed quiet so thomas knew his answer.

"exactly. if you're carrying my child, then i want to be a part of the pregnancy. if you're not pregnant then we can go out separate ways, hopefully." thomas informed her.

"i'll get a test on my own time, not on your time. im leaving." hope left thomas in his bedroom and he sighed.

thomas went back down to the kitchen and sat down at the kitchen table. matty and jacob looked at him suspiciously.

"i might be a father." was all he said.

on her way back to her apartment, she stopped at the drug store and scanned the many pregnancy tests in the isle.

she got two digital tests and two line tests. hope placed the boxes onto the counter and the lady at the register gave her a sympathetic smile.

hope paid for the tests and carried the bag back to her apartment.

"what's in the bag?" sammie asked once hope got inside.

"tests. the guy i hooked up with twice thinks i'm pregnant and im going to prove him wrong." hope said. she stormed into the bathroom and unboxed one line test and one digital test.

after waiting a few minutes, hope looked at the two tests she had taken. the line test said positive, the digital said negative.

"i am going to fucking kill him." hope mumbled. she shoved the line test into a plastic bag and put it in her bedroom.

"sammie, i need you to come with me." hope said as she came back into the living room.

"why?" sammie asked.

"because you're the only one here right now and i need some support." hope grabbed her purse and motioned for sammie to follow her.

"where are we going?" sammie asked.

"an ob-gyn. the test said i was fucking pregnant." hope said.

"i think you need an appointment though." sammie told her.

"im rich. there's nothing i can't do." hope rolled her eyes and got into the uber she had called.

"what if you're pregnant?" sammie asked.

"we're not having this conversation." hope groaned.

the uber dropped them off at the doctors and hope made her way inside with sammie.

"i need to see an ob-gyn." hope told the lady at the front desk.

"do you have an appointment?" the lady asked.

"no." hope furrowed her eyebrows.

"it's going to be about an hour wait." the lady said.

"if i give you money will you make it earlier?" hope whispered.

"how much?" the lady raised an eyebrow. hope pulled out a hundred dollar bill out of her purse and handed it to the lady.

"just fill out the paperwork and you'll be next." the lady confirmed.

"thank you." hope smiled. she sat in one of the chairs and examined her manicure after doing the paperwork.

"i really have to get my nails done again." hope whispered to sammie.

"hope, how are you so calm?" sammie asked.

"because there is a possibility that im not pregnant. if i am, then i will freak out." hope said.

"hope welsh." a nurse announced. hope stood up, as well as sammie, and the two followed the nurse back into the room.

"and you're here for..?"

"to see if im pregnant." hope finished. she sat on the bed in the room and watched the nurse type into the computer.

"alright. i'll go get the doctor and then we will do an ultrasound." the nurse said.