10. hicks and spots

"thomas, call the doctor right now." hope said as she opened the bathroom door.

"why?" thomas asked.

"there's blood." hope whispered. thomas widen his eyes and ran to his room to get his phone, ready to call the doctors.

hope held onto the side of the sink for support, staring at herself in the mirror. thomas came back into the bathroom with the doctor on call.

"okay, hope, tell me what happened." the doctor said.

"i just went to the bathroom and i saw blood in the toilet." hope told her.

"and no where else. just in the toilet?" the doctor asked.

"yeah." hope assured.

"was it a lot or a little?"

"it's like spotting. period spotting kind of." hope informed.

"alright, i know you're a first time mom and this might be a little shocking to you, but spotting is totally normal. if it's just drips, then you're fine, but if it gets heavier, like a period, then i need you to come in." the doctor told her.

"oh, so i shouldn't worry?" hope asked.

"im not saying that. just, keep an eye on it. lots of bleeding could cause a miscarriage." the doctor said.

"thanks. we'll see you soon." hope said.

"and thomas?" the doctor asked before ending the call.

"yeah?"

"sorry we had to talk about periods in front of you." the doctor ended the call and hope chuckled.

"periods do not gross me out. it's a normal thing for women." thomas defended.

"well then your mother raised you right, but i think you should tell baby girl when she does get her first period." hope smiled.

"uh, i think, i think that's a mom thing." thomas stuttered.

"you're right, but you're gonna have to get us tampons and stuff." hope told him.

"i'll do that. that does not bother me." thomas replied.

"can you help me get to bed?" hope asked.

"yeah." thomas grabbed hope's hand and helped her into her bedroom. she laid down on her side and thomas handed her a pillow, letting her put it in between her legs.

"need anything?" thomas asked.

"water. oh, and french fries. i know there's a bag in the freezer." hope said. thomas chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"alright, water and fries. i'll be back soon." thomas left the bedroom and hope ran a hand over stomach.

lately, baby girl had been kicking and thomas loved putting his hand on hope's stomach to feel it.

the two had been getting along recently and everyone could tell that some spark was definitely there, they just didn't want to acknowledge it.

"alright im here with the fries and water." thomas said as he came into the room. hope groaned, feeling the baby kick against her bladder.

"yeah, give me those fries right now cause baby girl wants them." hope sat up in the bed and took the plate from thomas.

"is she kicking again?" thomas asked, sitting on the edge.

"like crazy. i think it's cause if the fries." hope said, a mouth full of fries. thomas saw hope make a face and watched as she changed positions in bed.

"everything alright?"

"braxton hick." hope said.

"what's a, braxton hick?" thomas asked.

"it's like a pre-birth contraction. they start to happen in the third trimester." hope explained.

"and you're in the third trimester?" thomas questioned.

"have you not been listening to the doctor at the appointments?"