Chapter Four

"Mae khortoad na."

These were the words that left New gazing at his mother, shell shocked.

Then came the hurt with each beat of his heart and it took every fibre of his body to not to let his tears surface at that very moment.

And then came the rage.

"Newwie-"

His mother started towards him,

"No. Stop right there."

He raised and she stopped.

"Just because my last relationship didn't work out doesn't mean that I wasn't finding someone suitable for me, luna."

He saw it flicker in her eyes, the same emotion he was feeling but with great depth.

"New, listen to me,"

"Why should I? First you raise me and Irin with self righteous morals, always being equal with us, giving us our every right, letting us make our decisions ourselves and then you do this? I don't care if you marry me off to a beggar but you could have asked for my consent first!"

"New we didn't have any option-"

"It is my life! It depends upon me whether I have the options or not, not on you!"

"Phi, at least listen to her about what she has to say."

Irin said to New but keeping his eyes at his mother, he said,

"No, there is nothing left to say and hear."

He finally turned to her,

"They might think that I am incapable of finding a person who's honest and loyal and treats me like their equal after what happened with me and Earth but I am not!"

"New! You know that me, your father and your uncle don't think like that!"

He met eyes with his mother, for a moment, the look of rage changed into a moist one as he said,

"What you three did to me today feels like you think about me like that."

He turned and took for the door, "Phi wait!" Irin ran after him.

Wiping the few tears that he couldn't stop from welling up, he opened the front gate, changed into his wolf form and ran.

Janiya saw it all unravel before her. She couldn't help herself from tearing up as well as she saw her son running away and his sister chasing him in her human form.

If she really could, she wouldn't have let this happen to her child.

*

Tay was in his room, cleaning his dagger after sharpening it when he heard the distant ring of the bell tower that was situated just before the pack limits.

He ignored it at first, thinking that it was a normal hourly ring when a rhythm came into it. Two knocks, gap, repeat.

His eyes fell at the window, the light reflecting from the dagger shone across his face.

Just then walked in March, turning his face to him, he asked, "What is going on out there? Some kind of a celebration in honor of the great union between the two largest packs of Thailand?"

He straightened as March said, "I am not sure if that is what is going on out there but what I am sure about is this rhythm of ringing means that someone is calling for an urgent pack meeting."