Chapter Seven

Oh Lord, please forgive me if I have sinned.

New opened his eyes to find nature moving with him. More like a bumpy reel passing before his eyes when he went for strolls around his pack boundaries.

And that one specific place he never told anyone about him going there. Not even Irin.

He internally sighed. The bumpy reel of nature he was watching wasn't that authentic anyway for he looked out from a window.

The window of a carriage.

Carriage that was owned by none other than that arrogant and too much in his head alpha named Tay Tawan.

The atmosphere of the carriage, since he sat, was so thick that he could cut it.

But what was even more uncomfortable and awkward than traveling with that alpha was traveling alone with him.

By alone he meant, at the very last moment, yesterday when he won the match, he sent his third in command, March was his name if he wasn't wrong, to go back to his pack and get the "preparation" of their arrival started.

So here he was, alone in the carriage with the said alpha.

Who was also stealing glances at him every now and then.

He observed from his peripheral vision, the alpha stealing a glance of him.

Again.

This was so fucking awkward,

And a little creepy.

He hated this.

He hated every moment of this with every fiber in his body.

Just then the carriage took bumped.

For the umpteenth time, he groaned internally.

He hated this too, traveling in this suffocating carriage which smelled of the alpha's burnt incense scent.

But wait, why the hell did he have a carriage made out of thick and expensive wood?

Could he not travel on foot or paws?

Would his "respect" and "reputation" lessen if he did so?

Or was he just enjoying that he was rich?

To hell with it.

New just sighed and looked out again to divert his mind when,

The carriage shook violently and dropped from one side with a loud breaking sound coming from outside. Just as it tilted down with force, New grabbed ahold of the handle at the top of the door and balanced himself.

The turbulence stopped as soon as it started. It took a few moments before New opened one of his eyes, which he'd closed as a reflex, and looked around, opening his other too.

He saw that the alpha was skilfully balanced by having his right foot placed on the seat beside New, his left foot on the crack of the door and holding the handle atop the other door just like himself.

For the first time after sitting in the carriage, he met the alpha's eyes as they simultaneously looked at each other.

"Are you okay?"

Nodding his head after a few seconds, New looked away. The alpha then kicked open the door and jumped out.

He turned and reached his hand inside for New just as his eyes fell on it. He looked up, again meeting his eyes in the span of a minute.