Special Chapter

DA note: One thing before you start this, please please please tell me or correct me if I have missed a (crucial) word in a sentence (adjectives or what not) or if there is a grammatical mistake.

I am very strict about these things and would really appreciate the readers' help.

~~~~~~~

"Achoo!"

A kid sneezed and he barely dodged it. The kid covered his nose afterwards as his mother picked him up and apologized to him,

"Khortoad kha."

He bit back the growling remark and just gave a nod to the woman as they passed by each other.

Right now, they were somewhere in the heart of the market, various items were being bought and sold such as; fruits, vegetables, jewelry, clothes and what not.

By now, they had checked off most of the list, only some fruits were left to buy.

"Is bargaining a part of the domestic life you envision yourself to live?"

Looking straight ahead, checking through the shops as they roamed around, New replied,

"Of course. Living a simple life sometimes can be, well, boring. Besides, I grew up seeing my mother do that as well. She told me and Irin that sometimes vendors do that, so she wanted us to have our game strong too. But honestly speaking,"

New gave a mischievous glance to Tay,

"I kind of have fun doing that. Like playing verbal badminton."

He felt that feeling spread in his chest again, that feeling of nostalgia but in this case, he couldn't remember the source of it.

"Is that a toys' shop?"

New pointed at his left, sounding jubilant. He turned to Tay then, confirming the former's assumption as he looked like a full moon shining bright midday.

"Shall we buy a present for Khun Jane's grand child?"

*

"How do you decide what to buy?"

New turned to Tay, seeing him observe all the toys and stuffed animals hanging or at display.

"Okay, it's about time you step up your game. Which one do you like the best?"

Tay stayed quiet as New kept his eyes at him. He slowly looked at every toy as if he was extracting their databases in his mind.

"I cannot select."

"Come on, try again, besides you don't have to gift her only one thing."

"Should I gift her the whole shop?"

The vendor, who was sitting a little behind the display table maintaining his register, casted over his eyes to them, looking out and above his glasses, which both of them didn't notice,

"You don't need to go overboard too, Tay."

The vendor looked back down, resuming his work.

"Have you selected anything yet?"

New nodded, his pursed smile wide like a kid's as he reached over the table- Tay raised his hand just in case- and grabbed a bear from the other end.