Chapterish 13

| SEATTLE |

PIER LIFE

We land in Seattle and share a ride from the airport. Zoë gets dropped off first and then the cab speeds off to my loft. I cannot wait to take my melatonin gummies and fall into my bed for a 100-year sleep.

My keys are in the door when my phone buzzes in my pocket.

Hi BABE ;)

Almost home?
Can't wait to see you tonight

*inappropriate emoji*

...

Almost :)

I send back a tongue-out smiley face as I open my door. My fingers are still clutching the handle on my rolly when I gasp at my bed.

Josh is sprawled across it, ass-naked.

"Josh!" I squeal.

I fling myself across the shabby chic apartment and fall on top of him on the bed. My hands glide across his perfectly sculpted, but still very realistic abs, as I lean against him for a kiss.

He tangles his fingers in my day-old hair and keeps my head firmly in place, lips locked to his. I inhale him, everything about him. His smoldering cologne, his firm skin, even his smooth hair (now utterly disheveled by my hands).

He finally breaks us apart, laughing against my mouth.

"Hello," he says, looking at me intensely. The power of solid eye contact though.

"Hi boo," I peck a small kiss on the tip of his nose.

I love his nose. Weird right? But it's perfect.

"Boo is new," he laughs.

"Just felt like." I shrug.

Josh sits us up and pulls me onto his lap so I easily straddle him, one legging-clad leg on each side. I arch my back to admire his full-frontal nudity. Well, the parts I can see, even though I can feel him all.

The thing I love most about Josh is everything he's not. His hair's not dark. His mood isn't stormy. And his eyes cannot see through to the depths of my soul.

Josh is firm and fit, but without that ungodlike musculature that makes even me feel like a sloppy old scrub. His hair is sandy blonde/brown and reminds me of Alex's and also maybe a little like Zac Efron's. A delectable chocolate brown swims in his irises. He's warm and hot and maybe the most cataloguekind of beauty I've ever dated.

"You owe me two weeks." Josh kisses my collarbone, one hand pulling my T-shirt down.

"Two weeks?"

"Of sex." Josh says, squeezing my waist.

"All at once? Or..." I trail off, smirking.

"That would be impressive. Yes, let's do that." Josh laughs.

"Can we start now?" I ask in almost a whisper, already finding his lips again.

Josh answers without words by way of removing my shirt and sports bra all at once. I regret the leggings and how long it takes to peel them back from each leg. I climb back into Josh's lap and hover over him.

His fingers slide inside me as I give him one of my epic kisses. He slips his fingers out and puts them in my mouth. I arch my back in delight as he pulls me down on him.

I bite my lip as he fills me. Maybe it's having just been home and exposed to certain old parts of my life, but it feels different this time. New. And more me than ever. It took several years and two apartments and tons of heartache, but I'm finally a west-coaster at heart. A Westie.