Chapterish 42

Hello to all my beautiful Bremmies 🤍

I apologize for being MIA the last month. There's been a TON going on with the holidays, 2023 coming up, and basically the entire month of December was straight chaos. Also, I've been super lazy. A lot of you have been asking for updates, checking in to see if I'm still writing NRO, etc. The answer is Yes!!

I am rededicating myself to completing NRO and I could not be more excited about what's coming up for our fave (slightly) dysfunctional characters.
I'd say we are about halfway right now, so buckle up for the next 40 or so more chapterishes.

Thank you all for bearing with me (and Emmy & Brooks).

Much love to all,
Kat
🤍

...

| MIAMI |

GETAWAY SANDS

It took us two months post-engagement to finally get away just the two of us. Not for a lack of trying.

First it was NYC, which to be fair was on me. But it's not like I could miss my brother's pre-wedding weekend. Then it was another premiere Cece couldn't miss for fear of being chastised by her hampering PR rep. Third it was a last-minute campaign that signed her. One weekend Miles was sick, so I had to stay around for Edge. I spent 18-hour days at the store folding shirts and rearranging displays and discovering a new appreciation for Miles.

It's like Cece and I have these two schedules that despise each other so much they refuse to sync up except for once every other full moon, and only if we're both wearing blue.

It makes sitting on this chaise lounge now, two frozen drinks in-hand, all the more sweet. Surrounded by teal umbrellas and coral striped towels and blanketed by an ambiguous mod nostalgia, I relish in our decision to keep Star Resorts.

Almost like the only way I know how to handle all things, I wanted to sell hard and fast. My mother was pushing for it too, but it wasn't up to her. When my dad passed, Brody and I got everything, and while I 100% wanted to sell for the money, something in Brody just couldn't let go. Not yet, at least. So here we are.

It is, in fact, mega time-consuming running a multinational hotel chain. Fortunately, all of Star Resorts' top management remains in place. Brody and I are more figureheads who don't actually do much of anything besides bring our fiancées for long weekends filled with VIP service and poolside cocktails.

I will admit the security is nice too. We aren't exactly Midas-rich, but we aren't ever worrying about money again. Thanks for something, dad.

"This is so nice," Cece says in a yawn. "So nice to get out of LA. East coast hits different."

"Mhmm." I nod as she says it, knowing full well the weight of her words are heavier to me. Straight up the coast is a whole life I left behind. A whole different Jay Brooks.

"Perfect place to start thinking about dates, and places, and all things wedding planning."

"Oh is that what we're doing here?" I joke.

"One of the things," she says, scrunching up her nose.

I listen to her start talking about possible venues and sizes of guest lists and shades of dresses. The more she talks, the more detailed the picture forms in my mind, like each word she utters is a brush stroke for the painting.

And I see it, I do. I see the ritzy but modern venue in LA. I see the jade green bridesmaids' dresses that bring out the hazel in Cece's eyes. I see the 400 people her parents feel the need to invite, only 30 of whom I know.