Chapterish 14

MIMOSA MANIA

I've been home a solid week and my Bali tan is already starting to fade into oblivion. Josh really has been MIA in the office, but I've been busy prepping the studios anyway.

My morning run is cut short when Raz texts me about the Case of the Missing Yoga Mat shipment.

I'm already preparing for the most minor of minor catastrophes. Raz blows everything out of proportion, ever since I met them about five months ago.

They were the most androgynously gorgeous person I'd ever met, teal hair and all. Exudes total hipster vibes, but also panics about every single thing.

I turn the corner and run through Denny Triangle, passing the Whole Foods I live in, and make my way to Belltown.

Go Zen's newest locale is a corner shop, with wide windows and string lights hanging on the mini pergola out front. I see Raz through the glass and can already sense their panic.

"Hey," I announce myself, choking on essence of lavender or rose or some other flower. Or all of them.

"Emmy, Oh my GOD. Thank you. Okay, so this is the box that Fed Ex dropped off yesterday." Raz starts rifling through an opened carton behind the counter.

"Okay." I rearrange my tank, now sticking to my boob sweat, and nod for them to continue.

"Water bottles, check. Those oil rollers Zoë ordered, check. Yoga mats? Oh wait, no check." Raz tosses their hands up in frustration.

"It's fine," I laugh. "At least it's not missing Zoë's rollers."

"Been on hold with the supplier twice. They eventually cut the line," Raz frowns.

"I'll call them later," I tell them. "Now take deep breaths."

Raz starts inhaling (and somehow not coughing on the palpable flower aroma) and exhaling in long breaths. When they first started, Raz told me they needed more relaxation and meditation in their life.

100% get it now.

I leave Raz at the counter and walk to the ladder shelf that Zoë erected against the far wall. An ambiently lit diffuser emits puffs of oil every twenty seconds. The culprit.

My fingers run along the oil rollers of our newest fragrances/essential oils.

In Capri: blood orange, neroli, pistachio

Salted: pink salt, seaweed, driftwood

Chai Vibe: vanilla, tobacco leaf, amber

I smell them each, one by one in search of my own personal fave.

In Capri gets me every day.

Smells like a fresh Aperol Spritz, lakeside under the sun, and with a bowl of pistachios.

I decide to make the most of this lazy Sunday and meet Demi and Tao for brunch. I drag Raz along. Getting out of the studio will do them some good.

"You're coming or you're fired." I spit out my tongue.

"Brunch it is."

The two of us lock up the studio and head out.

I text Zoë on our way, but I know she's in the middle of a morning class. How rude of me to throw brunch in her face when she can't go.

Raz and I go to Demi's favorite Sunday morning haunt. I like it because it is vegan friendly and has the best iced Americano that Seattle has to offer. It's seat yourself, so we select a table in the patio garden out back.