5

"What the hell does he want from me?"
That thought crossed your mind while you stared at the person in front of you that was blocking your way to the girls who were waiting for you at a bus stop after some shopping.
All you had wanted to do, was quickly use the restroom of a nearby convenience store but when you made your way back, your path got cut off by a boy that looked your age. When you saw him pull out his phone, you already dreaded the worst. "Y'know you caught my eye when you entered the store. And I thought you were pretty cute." And then it came. "Can I have your number?" A total stranger was asking for your number and you had no intention whatsoever to give it to him. And so you stared at him, thinking of what to say. He was, well not that bad looking. Dark-brown hair, ebony eyes, taller than you with a rather slim built from what you could see through his clothes.
But...
"He can't compare to him"
You blinked in surprise. 'Him'? Who were you thinking about?
You had completely forgotten about the boy in front of you and you desperately tried to ramble your head to know who you had thought of. Just then, someone grabbed your attention. It was a tall boy with hair so flaming red in color that it was impossible to have missed. Your eyes had immediately darted to the passing boy but the stranger had blocked your view by getting in between, earning a small click of tongue from you.
Not wanting to have to deal with him, you came up with a plan.

You put a smile on your face and raised your hand to make a waving motion while calling out. "Babe! I'm here! I've been waiting for you!" Not giving the boy any more attention, you pushed past him and went to the boy you had been calling out to and quickly wrapped your arms around his loosely. "Please just keep walking." you whispered to him as he peered over to you, surprised and confused. Of course you had expected him to react like this but this had been the only idea that had come into your mind in this split second because you just wanted to get away from this stranger that had been bugging you.

Once you turned a corner, you abruptly let go of Vinny and took a few steps away from him. "Sorry for suddenly grabbing you like that..." you muttered as you looked away from him. Suddenly, you could feel the heat rising into your head, making you even more aware of what you had just done. So you hastily bowed and uttered an apology. But to your surprise, he didn't seem angry at all. With a rather soft tone, he just reassured, "It's all right."
When you straightened up, you looked at him but you couldn't seem to figure out what he was thinking at all. He kind of looked indifferent.
Before you could say anything more though, he turned around and his last words were, "Then, I'll be on my way."
You stood there and watched his back getting further away from you. Something was preventing you to look away from him and you didn't know what it was.

"There you are!" You snapped out of your trance and swirled around to face your classmates. "You've been gone for almost half an hour! Did you get lost or what? We've missed two buses because of you!" She pouted as she puffed out her cheeks, pissed. You scratched the back of your neck as you flashed them a sheepish grin. "Uh, yeah, I kind of did."
One of the girls grabbed your hand and pulled you forward. "Then let's go! Our bus is going to arrive any moment now!"
"All right, all right."

"By the way, we've called you several times. Why didn't you pick up?" You raised your eyebrows and cocked your head to the side. "You did?" While walking, you went through your bag to pull out your phone and turn it on. And just like she had said, you got several notifications of missed calls.
"Sorry, my phone was on silent mode."
"Jeeze. You seem so cool and yet so clumsy..."

~ Flashback ~
~ Vinny's POV ~

I was on my way home as the boy suddenly dragged me to go buy new shoes with them. I knew that there was no use in refusing them because they really wanted me to go with them for whatever reason and so I ended up going with them.
I wasn't interested in the least and I also had no money with me to even buy anything at all. And to top it all off, I was pretty tired and just wanted to rest at home right now.
But they managed to get me to the shop and since I didn't want to make a scene anymore, I ended up going inside with them.
As they were looking at the time collection of shoes, I was pretty much disinterested and thought of the right time to escape from them.

I finally had an opportunity and took the chance to slip away from them when they were all distracted. So I made my way back to my home. As I was walking on the streets to go back to the bus stop, I noticed a girl getting hit on by a boy. But since it wasn't my business, I just kept on walking until I noticed that the girl seemed familiar.

Just as I wanted to turn around and do something, I suddenly heard her calling something and before I knew it, she was by my side and had slipped her hands around my arm.
I was shocked. I didn't know what to do, but my legs kept on walking.
A couple of steps later and my brain finally processed what was happening. The girl that was holding onto my arm, though loosely, was the queen of the other school. The school we don't get along to.
Some strange feelings welled up inside me when I noticed her and the current situation.
Just... What were those feelings?"