7

Since your schools were right next to each other, it was no problem to reach the entrance of the neighboring grounds. So once there, the girls were hovering around the gate as if they were in a gang's territory.

"Attending this school makes me feel like I'm part of a gang." It was strange to suddenly feel like belonging to a gang but you were surprisingly able to adapt to this feeling and the situation pretty fast which astonished even yourself. But that kind of thought quickly disappeared when you finally saw movements on the school grounds. A bunch of boys was exiting the building and eventually among them, you saw a redhead.

Of course, it didn't come unnoticed to them that so many people were in front of the school gate and since they knew what your uniform looked like, they could easily recognize who you were.

"You freaks! Be prepared for what is to come!" One girl shouted it across the yard and it caused them to go silent. They kept moving forward to the gate though and when they were finally there, one boy stepped forward. It was Vinny.
"What is it now?" he asked in a calm manner as he looked through the round. Since you were focused on him, you noticed that his eyes eventually stopped on you.

You didn't know what exactly it was, maybe his aura, but something about him felt different than the other boys around him. Something made him stand out. And you were sure that this time, it wasn't his unique hair.

Suddenly you spoke up, even though it wasn't really befitting in this situation, voicing your thoughts. "But seriously, what is the point of all this quarreling between our schools?" Silence followed once again. You knew that not only the boys were confused, but the girls were too as they had not expected you to suddenly say this. A scoff came from the other side before a male voice said, "What does it matter? We're better than you, and that is why we'll always show it to you."
"That's it? Just because of hierarchy? What even is this strange hierarchy going on here?"

You sighed. All those unanswered questions that had been on your mind ever since arriving here, were slowly giving you a headache.

"Why are you even here?" Piercing stares laid on you and the girls. That was when someone answered with a scoff before speaking, "You guys of all people should know better than anyone why we're here now. After all, you started it this morning." She pointed at three boys one after another and hissed, "Just you see, you'll get what you deserve."

You looked at her and just thought, "This is definitely going too far." But just as you had finished that thought, every single person here suddenly started running straight ahead and the groups of girls and boys ran towards each other. Your body just instinctively went with the flow and also took off ahead with them.

And what you got to see and feel now was truly a fight with the fists. You beat up every single boy that appeared in your sight. Of course, you also got a few hits in but that didn't stop you from moving.

It was pretty loud with all the screaming, punching, kicking, and stomping noises from everywhere around you, which made the 'battlefield' a whole mess. It also made you wonder how not even a single teacher still wasn't here.

A fist came from the side which you saw from the corner of your eye. You could quickly dodge it by leaning back and you immediately raised a leg to kick the boy away. Just as you were catching your breath, another one came and so you defended yourself by punching him in the side of his face.

Then he was in your sight. His noticible hair came appearing in front of you and it wasn't long until your two stood face to face with each other. But this moment only lasted for a split second because you charged at him and gave him a good hit in his already, though only slightly, bruised face. That caused him to stumble for a very short moment but he quickly managed to stand strong on his two feet again. You saw him beginning to move towards you while slightly raising a fist, which soon came flying at you at a rapid speed. You had barely managed to avoid it but it had still grazed your forehead, leaving a slight pain throbbing on that spot.

But suddenly in the middle of all the chaos, two grown men appeared, coming running out of the school building. One of them was holding a megaphone in his hand, which he quickly put to his mouth and shouted, "Hey!!! Every one of you, stop right there!!!"
Even with this order shouted towards you, the teenagers didn't stop on the spot and just went on hitting around them.

Only with continued warnings from the principal, did every individual gradually stop with time. And when the fighting finally ceased, the principal spoke into the megaphone again, though this time not as loud as before since he didn't need his voice to break through the noises now.

The face of the principal clearly showed that he was extremely annoyed and angry when he announced that every single student, regardless which school they were from, was to gather and stand in rows this very instant.
Not long after, the principal of your school also joined and started talking to the person responsible for this school. After having exchanged a few words with each other,
You had expected them to give everyone a heavy punishment but that was not the case. They just said that everyone was to write a written apology and turn it in by the end of the week.
After long hours of scolding, you were finally freed from it and could head home. Your girls were parting halfway and once you were back home, you treated the wound on your forehead, which had slightly began to bleed.

"Hmmm..."  You leaned back on the chair and stared up to the ceiling. "This could've escalated quickly had they not stepped in..."
Then you thought back on what your classmates had told you while on the way back home:

"The principals are the worst! Always acting like they don't care what we do but they always make a scene whenever something does happen. But they always cover everything up so their reputation wouldn't suffer." The girl who told you about it, rolled her eyes and let out an annoyed sigh. You could tell that everyone was pissed off because the fight was stopped abruptly like that.

After venting out their anger, you went home and so here you were, sitting in your kitchen after you had treated your wounds.

When you had arrived home, you had started to slightly bleed from your forehead so of course you had tended to it. So now here you were, having no idea what to do now. Eventually, your mind drifted off to today's incident.
"Those schools are pretty crappy..."
"By the way... All those boys were practically small fry except for Vinny and that one boy..." Those two boys were the ones that had caught your eye during the fight. You knew that they had also been pretty injuried from the fight.
"I wonder how they are doing..."