1: A Bad News

At twenty-four, Wei Zhan has his dream career as an artist, gaining recognitions for his chosen line of work. He has several projects in line, some exhibitions and even wealthy clients requesting an art piece from him.

Life is good. His mom, Mrs Wei, is still healthy as an oak tree. Even Zhan's love life was good. He has a charming girlfriend of five years turned fiancé and now his wife, Yang Zi.

One could sarcastically comment, 'What else would he need?' He basically has everything!

But think not.

Only when he'd almost lost one person in his life did he realise he was only living in a made-up dream. That his life wouldn't be complete without one person, one man, his Didi, his Bobo.

Didn't he say he was the most important person in his life? That he will give everything he's got for him?

The accident a year ago kept reeling in his brain. Yibo's small smile, the clouds in his amber eyes, his hidden sadness, his tears, his frustration and pain as he drove off in frenzy at Zhan's wedding night.

It was still a mystery for Zhan.

He wished he knew. He wished he had consoled him. He wished he had not lose sight of him. He wished he had not let go when they hugged that night. He wished he was brave to ask when his guts cried that something felt off.

But Zhan didn't do anything. He failed to protect Yibo. He failed to save Yibo.

When he followed Yibo that evening and saw with his own eyes how Yibo's car collide head-on against another vehicle, Zhan's world...his too-good-to-be-true life crumbled before his eyes. Everything else did not matter anymore.

He'd run to him, screaming Yibo's name at the top of his lungs. Wishing he could save him. Wishing it wasn't yet a goodbye.

Zhan could not remember weeping so bad, so much that he could barely open his puffy eyelids after hours of praying while crying for Yibo to survive the crash and the emergency operation that was done right after.

His heart...it stopped beating when the surgeon sighed and subtly shook his head.

A bad news.

"The team did what we could. We patched up the broken skin and fixed the broken bones but..." That's the word that Zhan dreaded. "...there's only a small chance that he'll wake up again. He has a severe concussion in the head that we couldn't operate on." And there goes the cliché promise of unsurety in medicine, "We could only hope for the best now and wait."

Zhan's brain stuttered and his knees gave way. His sobs and tears were loud and crisp but he did not shy away from showing his heart.

His Bobo, his little Prince, his ball of sunshine...what would his life be without him?

--------

A/N:

Yep!
This is the start of their happy ending.
But how when Zhan is married and Yibo's survival is undetermined?

Would there be a miracle?

Or a Parallel Universe like what Yibo had wished?

😉

13-Jul-'22