20: Each Time (Extra Chapter)

No sign of daylight was present yet when Zhan opened his eyes. Dusk was just about to start but in front of him, in that darkness, was the man he loves propped up in a sitting position, unmoving with shoulders slumped.

A gesture of compassion, a hearth that warms, draped over Yibo's stiff and cold back. Zhan had hugged him from behind, securing the younger in his arms.

The pain of knowing and telling the truth was still fresh for the two. Last night wasn't an easy one and that day might be too. However, Zhan will hold onto Yibo and walk that path of healing with him.

"Can't sleep?" Zhan asked.

Yibo shook his head, leaning back unto Zhan's chest as he did so. "Just woke up early." His voice seemed strained and tired but there was a trace of calmness in there.

What Zhan did not know was in the last few hours, Yibo had ventured through the array of his own emotions. Yibo had faced his shame and guilt. He had chewed on his anger and remorse. But the hardest part? the hopelessness that his Father will ever come back.

As the night passed, Yibo's emotional damage turned bad to worse. His fears, his insecurities, his jitters unraveled one-by-one unsparingly.

Yibo could do nothing but savour his wounds and the chaos in his heart.

But among that sea of emotions, love anchored Yibo safe on the shore. Peace came sooner than he had anticipated in the form of Zhan's quiet mumble of Yibo's name in his sleep.

'Bobo'

Maybe there really is a chance for a miracle. And for Yibo, it is Zhan.

As easy as that, Yibo found back his armour to soldier on.

The young man smiled, though little as it was, and that smile-filled-with-love stayed present in his lips perennially.

"You should've woken me up, Bo." Yibo sensed the pout on those gentle words and his smile only broaden more. "Don't worry, Ge. This little guy kept me company overnight." Yibo nuzzled his nose on Zhan's neck and let Zhan see the tamed kitten purring on his lap. Indeed, Zhan's adopted cat had pestered Yibo to scratch its belly and pat his head while Yibo battled with his demons.

Zhan's body quake in a supressed laughter. "I didn't know you'll really like that grumpy cat!"

The younger's pleasant beam turned into an amused grin while looking at the tiny creature in his hands. "I do like many things, Ge. I just kept them hidden in my heart." Some secrets made Yibo anxious and afraid. "If I say them or if I demand for something I like, I might not be liked back, you see." He added lightly but Zhan took it to his heart.

"Bo..." The older breathed on Yibo's collar and a soft touch lingered on Yibo's skin. "I will love you more if you tell me the things you want." His arms tightened around Yibo a little more: an assurance, Zhan's oath. "Baby, please tell me all the things going on in that pretty head of yours. I'll listen. I love you, remember that."

Yibo's heart grinned with his mouth this time.

He put the little cat aside and slowly guided Zhan to lie down again. Him resting on Zhan's top while looking at his Gege with the softest gaze. "You always manage to make my heart skip. Thank you, Ge." He conveyed sincerely but a finger hushed his lips.

Yibo's inquiring eyes stared at the man beneath him. "There's no need for 'Thank you' between us, Bo. I'd rather you kiss me and tell me you love me instead." Zhan earnestly beseeched and the younger humbly yielded, more smitten than he was earlier.

With Zhan, everything looks good and bearable. Even Yibo's reality seems too good to be true.

Trully, Yibo was too far gone in love with this sweet man, his beloved Gege.

The younger leaned forward, lips a thread away from Zhan's own as he replied with heart on his sleeves, "Then I'll kiss you, Ge. Every morning. Every night. Before you leave the house and when you come back home. Each time."

Zhan's heart was melted by those words. His Little Prince had really grown up as a man. His quiet and meek Bobo, had grown up to be a forthright and sincere lover of his own.

"Then what are you waiting for, Baby?" Zhan teased. "Kiss me, Bo-bei."

Zhan did not need to say it twice because Yibo's mouth was on his in a blink. This passion took years to come into light. And now that it is here, undeniably strong and unsatiable, there are no more space for arguments, fears or doubts.

They are two no more.

They are one: in heart and soul.

And this love, the feeling they hold for each other, is something so deep. A love that resonates within, an affection that is pure and true, a bond that will last a lifetime.

One day, somewhere down the road, Yibo is sure his wounds would be healed. It will take time but he will be patient and will not rush it.

With Zhan by his side, Yibo knew nothing is impossible.

--------

A/N:
Tell me how bad it is, because I feel it is crap 😮‍💨

I intend to finish this story soon and then...🤫

18-Oct-2022