4: Dense Man

Yang Zi regretted as soon as Zhan walked off. Yet, she understood they need time off each other's necks. 'Just one night.' She murmured to herself as she tried to get some rest, letting the tears dry on her face.

She was up and early the following morning. A new start, she hoped.

Yang Zi cooked Zhan's favourite meals, packed them with love and headed to the hospital: the place where Zhan would surely took respite.

She was careful when she slid the door into Yibo's suite not wanting to disturb the tranquil quietness within.

Yet again, rush of tears came as soon as she'd seen the two together. A plain sight of what she was refusing to see all these years.

Zhan on Yibo's bed. Zhan, tightly yet delicately, hugging another form. As if he has the most precious treasure he has ever had within his arms. As if he wouldn't be able to live without Yibo close by.

Yang Zi realised how stupid she has been all this time.

'It's over.' The rising feelings made her lose sense. The things she brought dropped to the floor as she clasped her tight chest and started to express her sorrow in pitiful cries.

Zhan was startled by the noise, instinctively and protectively pulling Yibo closer to him as his panicked eyes wandered around the hospital room. His vision halted, so did his breath, at the sight of their visitor.

Yang Zi was looking at them with a broken heart mixed with rage.

"Y-You love him!" The wife charged against the husband. Her voice condemnatory, bitter and heavy.

Zhan peered at her intently, comprehending if she is still upset from last night's fight or is this another argument he has to hear first thing in the morning. Zhan's brow furrowed after a while when Yang Zi's accusing eyes bore vengeful hole into his skull.

He couldn't understand what is surprising in there. Weren't it the reason why they got close? Yang Zi has a younger sister she adores too much whilst Zhan has his Bo-di he cares more than his life!

"Of course, I do love him Yang Zi. He is my Didi afterall!" The man replied in a-matter-of-fact manner.

Yang Zi shook her head, cold gaze fixed at the dense man. "You..." She started again. This time clearer with her intention. "You love him not as a brother...!" And then she broke once again at the reality that she should've recognised sooner. "...but as a lover, Wei Zhan."

-------

21-Jul-'22