Chapter 16

A/N: Im super excited about this section coming up so here you go an extra chapter

Akko POV

Everything's hazy

I hid in the stairwell as I caught my breath. I clutched my head and closed my eyes as more flashes of that attention seeker kept crossing my mind. A bubble of rage filled my chest at remembering the whole Gojo incident again. I felt my body get marginally weaker after that train of thought. I let out a shaky breath.

Stay calm

But why? Isn't she annoying?

Shut up.

Why don't we pay her back? For embarrassing you?

Stop.

For making you look like a desperate love hungry joke that'll cling to anyone who says they like her

Nobody thinks that

But they do. They're watching you right now. Thinking those thoughts.

That's not true.

The stairwell door opened and it was Yuriko.

"Ugh." She said

I rolled my eyes. Yuriko went past me up the stairs. She climbed a few steps and stopped.

"I'll back up whatever excuse you need when you go up."

"Worried about me, office gossip?"

"Don't flatter yourself." She said before climbing up the rest of the way.

When I got to my desk, there was a smoothie. According to the website description, it was packed full of energy-giving fruits...and a shit ton of caffeine. I glanced up and Yuriko quickly looked away. I looked back down at the cup and took a sip.

It's good.

Y/N POV

"Let's go clubbing." Yuriko suggested.

"Don't feel like it." I mumbled, eating my sandwich.

"C'mon! Just one night where we aren't focusing on someone who's fucking you."

"Yuriko I-"

"He said it himself. You guys aren't committed."

"But I feel bad!"

"Why! You don't think Toji is out fucking when he's gone for days at a time? Plus didn't you literally hook up with that other guy after you met. Girl, what are you on?" she scoffed at me.

I thought for a moment.

"But the way he left..." I sighed.

"Did he tell you what he was pissed about?"

"He said he hated that Gojo touched me."

"But he A. didn't give you GF status and b. He still laid with you for a bit afterward. That boy is fine and you're getting on my nerves."

I pouted but couldn't say anything.

"Plus, I think you're just mad you caved to Gojo."

"Yuriko, could you pretend to have a gentle bone in your body? For me?"

"No. You went past my three-day petty drama patience limit. Now quit whining and come to the club."

I grumbled to myself, gathering the report for the marketing team. I glanced over to Akko who's been oddly calm lately. Our eyes met and she just went back to her computer, like she was looking through me. No fake-polite smile, glare, or roll of the eyes. It was kinda freaking me out. Especially since sometimes I catch her off guard and she would look at me like she wanted to kill me. I wouldn't normally put myself in the punk category but consider me scared. I've told Yuriko about it but she usually just says she'll help me beat her up if she touches me. I didn't know how to explain it in a way she'd understand. I just got the distinct feeling I shouldn't push my luck.