Chapter 19

A/N: Hey y'all I got a date tomorrow so guess who gets a chapter early! This chapter is unabashedly an info dump but I'll try to make it entertaining at least.

"Gojo....I don't...." I said softly. "I don't understand. How are you here?"

He ignored me, opting to instead scan every inch of my body with a serious expression. When he was satisfied, he sighed a breath of relief. Then he noticed the tears running down my face. He tried to wipe my tears but I batted him away with a shaky hand.

"Gojo, how did you get in here? I-Is this a sorcerer thing?" I asked.

His eyes widened.

"How much were you told?"

No more processing anything. Need rest now. Need bed and comfort NOW.

"Actually nix that, I just need to be alone right now. I don't care how you broke in or whatever. I need to be alone."

"Sorry but I need to monitor you. Especially since we know more about the nature of that curse."

A million responses that required emotional stamina I didn't have raced across my brain and shut down.

"Whatever, I don't care." I sniffed as I brushed past him and beelined toward my room.

I grabbed my pajamas and rushed into the shower. As the water ran over me, memories of everything flashed before my eyes. How close I was to death. How Akko literally deteriorated inside out by accidentally breathing in that curse. How everything about this shit was by chance and that chance was so much bigger than I ever could have imagined.

Satoru started banging on the door and forced himself in. For some reason, I was sitting in the tub. The water was lukewarm. My head hurt and my eyes felt incredibly puffy. I could barely process anything. I couldn't even bring myself to glance at him. Satoru walked over and picked up my rag. He washed my back, gently, not saying a word which I appreciated. He helped me up and dressed me. When I finally could fully register my surroundings he was holding me close in bed.

"How did you get in here?" I asked.

"I teleported in."

Alright, that's pretty sick.

"Is that your sorcerer thing?"

"I have a lot of sorcerer things." He answered softly.

A long stretch of silence sat between us.

"I hate this."

"That's too bad." Satoru said.

"You don't even know what I'm talking about."

His lips pursed as he looked away.

"You hate being with me."

I stayed silent for a moment, choosing not to interact with the question. It brought up a ton of confusing feelings.

"...I hate that I'm really glad you're here." I sighed.

He didn't say anything to that but did hold me tighter.

"I was really scared, Satoru."

"You called me Satoru all on your own." He joked.

"Ugh! Can you stop being a dick and-" My voice cracked.

The back of my throat burned and more tears fell. He kissed my forehead and rubbed my cheek.

"What if I end up like Akko?"