The Final Selection

CH.4 The Final Selection

This story is always in third person P.O.V

This CH is 2315 word long.

In the middle of wisteria forest . Multiple people were in a open area as everybody were waiting for the demon slayer exam called The Final Selection to start. Almost all of them were somewhat scared except a few and one of them is a girl named Kanao Tsuyuri.

Kanao Tsuyuri also the Tsuguko  and the sister of the current Flower Piller Kanae Kocho was having a butterfly in one of her index finger, as she herself was staring at her with a smile unlike others she wasn't scared not a bit. She decided to look around a little, she could see with their expression that they weren't gonna make it.

"As sister said" she thought as she remember her sister Shinobu Kocho the current Insect Pillar saying that she was gonna see a lot of people with probably scared, angry or with just cocky expression. As she was looking around one boy catched her attention, it was a boy with long red hair tied into a ponytail. He wearing a red kimono and some strange earrings.

He was just like her looking around but something was off with him. Kanao couldn't sense anything from him no fear, no anger, no cockiness nothing he was just blank. This somewhat shocked Kanao as she was the sister of two Hashiras the highest ranking members of the Demon Slayer Corps.

She was teach the ability to sense someone's aura which helped her in training and just now but she just couldn't sense anything from him not even him it was like he didn't have a Presence.

Her chains of never-ending thoughts were interrupted as she heard a clapping she look at front to see the Ubyashakhi Daughter's one with Black hair and one with White hair standing in front of a table. She quickly realized that one wasn't a girl because of her extremely good eyesight.

"Good evening" They both said simultaneously

"Tonight you've come to enter The Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection"

"Thank you all for being here"

"Here on mount fujikasane there are several demons that were captured alive by Demon Slayers. They are kept here for this event" The white hair girl said.

"The wisteria blossoms prevent them from leaving. They bloom on this mountain year-round, and they cover everything from base to halfway to the top" The black hair boy said.

"But the wisteria ends here, so demons are abound from this point on, and they are very hungry."

"In order to complete the final selection you must survive for seven days beyond wisteria protection"

"Now your trial begins" They both said bowing, which indicates that the final selection has begun. All the peoples start running deep in the forest, Kanao as well started running in the forest, but before that she looked back to where the boy was standing, but he wasn't there anymore.

Kanao stares at his previous place before running into the forest. She runs to right with her hand on her sword while keeping her guard up. After gaining distance she slowed her speed as she was standing in front of a little pond. She stares at the pond before quickly disappearing from her spot and reappear a little further away, with her sword out of it's sheath staring at her that place with a serious expression, as something suddenly lands on there it was a demon.

"Ohh i haven't eaten for a long while you will be a great meal little girl" The demon said as he grinned towards Kanao without a single idea that he has mistaken. The demon dash towards Kanao upbring his arm in hopes of slashing her face, while Kanao didn't move. Just as the Demons hand was about to reach her face, Kanao with a very fast slash cuts both demons arm which was about to slash her and his neck which was a demons weak point.