First Mission

Ch.10 First Mission

This Story is always in Third Person P.O.V

This Ch is 4287 words long.

[Note: I recommend reading Author's Note to better clarify certain things.]

A young man with red hair walked along a dirt road, following the guidance of his crow as he headed to meet his partner for their upcoming mission.

Yoriichi: Demon Hunters are always deployed In pairs. This is not only for the sake of balance in battle but also for the safety of our comrades. However, only the strongest among us have the privilege of taking on missions alone, as the risks are greater and the demons more formidable.

Muichiro's outstanding performance during the final selection proved his mettle, and as a result, he was granted his request to undertake missions alone. Though Tanjiro was equally capable of operating independently, he chose to forego the opportunity as he would prefer to have someone watch his back. So now, he made his way toward the designated point.

As Tanjiro drew closer to the designated meetup point, he spotted a lone figure standing in the distance, clearly growing more restless by the second. As he got closer, he recognized the familiar boar mask of his comrade Inosuke. 

"Inosuke! It's me, Tanjiro!" he called out, waving his arm to get his friend's attention.

Inosuke turned sharply and pointed at Tanjiro. "Gengoro, you're late! I've been waiting here for ages!" he shouted, clearly annoyed.

"Sorry, I didn't realize you were so punctual," Tanjiro apologized. "But it looks like we're partners for this mission."

Inosuke's scowl turned into a mischievous grin as he clapped a hand on Tanjiro's shoulder. "Haha! Now you are going to see the great strength of all mighty Inosuke, I will crush that demon with my bare hands!" 

Tanjiro simply smiled back, happy to be working with his quirky friend. They exchanged a few more pleasantries before setting off together towards their destination, ready for whatever challenges awaited them.

__________________________________________

Location: A village in North-West
Time: 8:00 pm
Demon Hunters For Mission: Tanjiro and Inosuke

As Tanjiro and Inosuke arrived at the small village, they were met with an eerie silence. Not a soul was in sight, despite the fact that it was not yet very late at night. Tanjiro's keen senses told him that something was amiss.

"Something's not right here. There's no one around, not even a guard," Tanjiro said, looking around carefully.

Inosuke, however, was not one for careful observation. "Let's just go find this demon already! I'm starving!" he exclaimed, already starting to make his way toward the center of the village.

Tanjiro hurried to catch up with his impulsive friend, feeling a sense of foreboding as they walked deeper into the abandoned village. The quiet was unnerving, and Tanjiro couldn't help but wonder what horrors they might encounter. But he knew he had to stay focused and alert for the safety of himself and Inosuke and for the innocent people who might still be in danger.

As they moved through the empty streets, they looked around, searching for any sign of life, but the streets remained deserted. It was as if the entire village had vanished into thin air.